my OH a mechanic advise needed please

Guest carlieanne

Guest carlieanne

Hi all

just joined this forum so a massive hello to all, me and my oh had our visa granted last week he is a LV mechanic and is hoping to get a job in the mines as fancy's a change.

Does anybody know how easy or realistic this is and if it would be worth while starting to apply while we are here in the uk as not quite sure when we are going {but will defo be nxt yr**

Many Thanks any advise would be much appreciated

Carlie

Hi Carlie,

I to am a LV mechanic. My wife and I are moving to Perth next month and i thought i would test the waters, I tried a site called ( http://mycareer.com.au/ ) all you do is upload a cover note and your CV (resume). I got a few good replys and some interest. The thing they all wanted was for me to call them when i actually arrived in Oz so that's what i intend to do :)

Congratz on your Visa and Good luck on the job front.

All the best

Matt

Hi

We have been here a few years and came on a skilled visa as my OH is a LV mechanic.

He couldn't get a start as a LV mechanic and it ended up that his 1st job was with a company in Perth that supplied equipment to the mines. He now works as a diesel mechanic in Perth.

Take a look on www.seek.com.au and in the keywords type light vechicle and it will bring up lots of FIFO (fly in fly out) work.

The best thing to do is apply for as many as possible or on the other hand there are lots of places in Perth that take on LV mechanics for roles such as HD Mechanics to retrain etc which gives you the relevant experience for say 6 months- year which then in turn strengthens applications for FIFO work.

At my fellas place there are quite a few LV mechanics that have made the move across to HD mechanics

Hope this Helps!:smile: