Got the job!

tomabbie

Massive congratulations Kirstie xx JWell done - what did they ask you in the end?

Was very relaxed and they were lovely, they emailed me the questions about 10 mins before! Typical questions really; what qualities could you bring to Armadale? Outline your midwifery experience so far (this took a while, qualified in my 20's and am nearly 40 now!), then scenarios; PIH/Pre-eclampsia, unbooked multip in labour with green discharge & severe FH decelerations. Then asked me if I had any questions. Got a really positive vibe from them and it sounds like there is going to be lots of new devlopment over the next few years, about 2000 dels a years which a similar size to where I trained which is a nice size unit.

Strictly speaking they weren't supposed to offer me over the phone but they seemed really keen to get me and they knew Id applied elsewhere. Went through all the visa stuff with me and seem keen to get me over asap.

Very exciting, seems so much more real now. I still havent heard from rockingham but think I will take this one because Ive never been a fan of working too close to where I live (can take ages to get round the supermarket when you keep bumping into your deliveries!). Looks no more than 20-30 minutes from port kennedy/secret harbour anyway.

Hope you hear something from Rockingham soon.

Kirstie xx