Is there a market not being fulfilled?

Guest newmuminperth

Guest newmuminperth

Hi All

I am hopefully moving to Perth in January, my other half has a job lined up with a working visa.

As a marketing consultant I was wondering if there is a gap in any markets (from your experience of being in UK and Oz?) that could be filled by a hard working pom!

I see the move as an opportunity to make a mark in a new place, and as someone that got to the top of their game in London I was hoping to do the same in Perth! Is there anything that you think could be done better, or is a service or product you receive disappointing?

If you can think of anything let me know, Im already racking my brains as to what idea I can bring from the UK to make life in Perth better for everyone!

Kerry

Hi Kerry, we've been in Perth for only a couple of months so I'm obviously not that much of an expert, but it strikes me that there is considerable opportunity to build up some sort of on line retail business. As far as I can make out the Internet market here is quite underdeveloped compared to the UK which surprises me given how far many people must live from major metropolitan areas. For example I met 2 ladies at a party a couple of nights ago who live in Margaret River. They had made a trip just to do some clothes shopping here in Perth. I thought at the time, wow Johnnie Boden could clean up here! So that's my tip for the moment, if I think of anything else I'll drop you a line. Good luck with your move!

Guest newmuminperth

Hi Ali

thats interesting to know, I would have thought given the size of the country that internet business would be booming! (I have heard that the clothes shopping isnt great as well!)

thanks

:)

Im already racking my brains as to what idea I can bring from the UK to make life in Perth better for everyone!

If you want to make life better here then I'd say leave everything from the UK well behind.

Perth has its quirks, some things are a few years behind but personally I like it that way. Leave London behind you, 'progress' is not necessarily a good thing.

I'd say focus your energy into Tupperware.