Recommended areas around Perth for a young family....

Hello everyone!

We will be moving to Perth around April / May and have 3 young kids who will be aged 11, 8 and 4 when we move, we currently live in a quiet costal town on the west coast of Scotland and are ideally looking for a quiet family area with reasonable house prices and above average schools with some amenities near by (not looking for much!!).

I know that opinions differ but any advice we can get to narrow our search would be a great help.

I don’t mind commuting to my work but would not like to have more that a 45min drive (My work will be in Kwinana).

Thanks.

Hi,

We are going to be moving out to Perth April/May too. We live in Aberdeen at the moment but are originally from Ayrshire. Where are you from? Sorry for being nosey. Our families are in still in Ayrshire.

We have been looking for places to live, it is really hard deciding. We have been looking at Woodvale and surrounding areas.

We have got two kids 11 & 8, so finding good schools is really important. This site has been really helpful with finding out about Perth.

Take Care

Guest Ali&Paul
Hello everyone!

We will be moving to Perth around April / May and have 3 young kids who will be aged 11, 8 and 4 when we move, we currently live in a quietcostal town on the west coast of Scotland and are ideally looking for a quiet familyarea with reasonable house prices and above average schools withsome amenities near by (not looking for much!!).

I know that opinions differ but any advice we can get tonarrow our search would be a great help.

I don’t mind commuting to my work but would not like to have more that a 45min drive (My work will be in Kwinana).

Thanks.

Hi Jock,

We have just arrived 2 weeks ago, where in ayrshire are you? We are from Ardrossan, loving Perth! We are staying up in Connolly at the moment but looking for a longer term rental and still deciding whether to go north or south of Perth... Decisions... South seems cheaper but we love it up here in Connolly/Mindarie etc.

Will prob see you out here soon!

Alison & Paul :-)

Guest misscathcart

If any of you are interested in a base to look around while you decide, we have a lovely 4X2 at Port Kennedy which will be available from April 11th for a six month rental.

There is everything you would need here, fully equipped with TV's, dishwasher, washing machine, internet with UK number voipfone, cycles etc.

We are living here at present and would be happy to help in any way we can before we return to the UK.

hi really hope we can meet you guys at some point we are from turriff in aberdeenshire and are going to perth in april/may to activate visa as our house hasn't sold yet and it helps to know were not the only ones with so many questions we also have 2 kids who are 7 and 5

Guest Jackie&Stevie

We moved out here from Ayrshire 7yrs ago and have never looked back.

We live in Mindarie which is a beautiful beachside suburb, lots of us Brits up here (to be honest, there are lots of us Brits all over WA!!) Great local pub overlooking the marina. Good schools, family friendly area. Square Slice and Irn Bru at the local deli :) all the important things lol

I also loved Secret Harbour in the South but felt is was a wee bit too far out.

We are in Dawesville which is a very quiet area of Mandurah. Mandurah has pretty much everything you need as a small city and we also have a supermarket and things close by. We are in the area of Southport and have been there 4 years and love it. Have a look here http://www.portbouvardrealestate.com.au/

Personally we found Secret Harbour ok, but a bit of a sprawling suburb and VERY popular with Brits.

We are about 40 mins drive to Kwinana. The beach is great and none of the houses in Southport would be more than a short stroll to the beach which also has a surf club. The houses are all built on a golf course and the club house is a nice place to go for a drink.

We moved out here from Ayrshire 7yrs ago and have never looked back.

We live in Mindarie which is a beautiful beachside suburb, lots of us Brits up here (to be honest, there are lots of us Brits all over WA!!) Great local pub overlooking the marina. Good schools, family friendly area. Square Slice and Irn Bru at the local deli :) all the important things lol

I also loved Secret Harbour in the South but felt is was a wee bit too far out.

Irn Bru and Slice, sounds like my kind of place :) We will have a good look now so thanks for the info. We currently live in a small west coast town next to the sea and would ideally be looking for somewhere similar, not too close to the city but then again not to far! Were hopefully heading out april time so maybe catch up when we get settled , really glad to hear its been a great move for you ..positive feedback always helps ...thanks

ewan & vicky

thanks stormy , thats more great info, sounds like the kind of place we would be looking for ! i'll have a wee look at the link .....we currently live in a small coastal town so being by the sea would be nice (though ours is very cold except for the odd few days a year when the sky turns

blue ) ......thanks again for the info ..