Minimum household income to live in suburbs of Perth and start up money from uk

Guest angel659

Guest angel659

Hi

Just been reading a few posts and can see living in Perth is quite expensive. We want to emigrate next year and trying to get funds together.

I will be going out as a registered nurse and my husband works in I.t but has no qualifications to support his knowledge.

How much should you want to earn minimum to live comfortably in Perth? Thinking of surrounding suburbs such as mindarie, Quinn rocks, Murdoch, mandera, rocking ham, jundoloop, currumbine etc...... Quite wide area and hopefully our reccie in June we will be able to look at a few areas.

Thanks, what minimum would you bring over from uk? To start up?

Really hard to say how much you'll need because it depends on life style. We find eating out expensive, but partly that's because my children 17 and 12 now eat adult portions (gone are the days of chicken nuggests, ice cream and a drink for $10 lol). Setting up costs will be rent, bond, car(s) etc ... depends too where you have to commute to for work (cost of petrol) etc.

Guest angel659

Hi,

I would like to be able to earn enough by not struggling, but having money to be able to go out and enjoy ourselves. I would be earning $53,500 and possibly my husband between $55-65,000. I wasnt sure if this would be enough to live on with a family of 5.

We are going out in June to have a look and I cannot wait.