Pregnant and medicals

adsmich

Hi,

My husband and I are fast approaching medical time for a 175 and we have been trying for children. Does anyone know what happens if you are pregnant at your medical? I understand you have to do xrays. i do not want to put visa on hold. Can you still do a medical whilst being pregnant and can they do without xrays?

HELP any ladies or gentleman that have been in same situation?

Many thanks x

Hi,

Have just done ours (not pregnant!) they certainly don't recommend you have an x-ray whilst pregnant and there are signs up saying if you are or think you may be pregnant tell the radiographer.

Don't know if recommend means definitely you can't.

I think DIAC let you delay until later.

Paul.

You can't have the medical without x-rays. You can go ahead with the x-ray whilst pregnant - but that would be at your own risk. Whilst there is lots of reasearch saying the risk to the foetus is small it still is a risk and personally, unless the x-ray was for emergency reasons I couldn't do it.

Just to add I know that a lot of the medical centres will not allow you to have the x-rays if pregnant as they are not medically necessary. I actually had a chest x-ray when I was 7 months pregnant for a suspected blood clot and the Dr told me the amount of radiation I would be exposed to was no more than walking down a busy city street. Guess you need to talk to your local medical centres to find out their policy. DIAC will certainly allow you to put the application on hold until the baby is born.

Thank you guys. I think listening to you all it is best if we stop trying for bit until meds done and then continue later. Also didnt know there was an additional fee to add a baby to visa. This was not told to us when investigating this last year. If anyone you know is looking at using Global Visas as agents please tell them not too. Terrible company.

Thank you all for your input. Truly appreciated thank you

x