Nurses rates of Pay

ali

Guest guest1228

Thats good to know Ali, sounds like a fortune but I'm sure we'll find ways to spend! Will only be me working at first so things may be a bit tight. Hoping salary packaging will boost income a bit. Hopefully get PR quite quickly and then be eligible for family tax allowance. We don't need much to enjoy our free time anyway, just being able to sit outside with a glass or two of wine is enough entertainment for me!

Guest cityfan
I salary package my mortgage, I get about $350 every 2 weeks deducted prior to tax being paid, it's then put into my bank account

Ali

hi....could you explain the salary packaging to me...sorry i dont really understand how this works?!!....also i just wondered if you know anything about the overseas trained nurses bridging programme, is this for everyone...i have my reg documents all done and waiting to post off tommorrow!!...i am just a bit worried that i may have to do this programme mentioned on WA nursing council website....the agency i am using, geneva have told me about a hospital in mandurah which sounds great and is only an hour drive from my cousin...however it doesnt seem that the high school is that good??....so i am looking in to living somewhere inbetween mandurah and fremantle...any ideas!!...we have 2 girls 10 and 12...need a dance school!!....thanks so much for listening...any advice greatfully received....cheers...melanie

Mandurah to Perth is about 57 mins by train, so if you're working in Mandurah, you don't want to be too far out. I don't know what the schools are like down that way - but areas surrounding Mandurah are Halls Head, secret Harbour, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and up towards Rockingham.

Ali

• 1 year later...

be vary carefull if you salary package a motor vechile, it can turn out to be a very expensive excersise, it falls under the leasing catergorie which is not regulated by the consumer credit act (yet). Hence a few unscrupolouse companys charge exhorbinet interest charges and do not have to reveal them.

they present it in such away and get you to sign on the dotted quickly, giving you the impression it a great deal, infact its far from it. The running costs are grosely under estimated, again giving you the impression its cheap, untill a few months later when you are asked for more money to cover the shortfall.

I would be interested hearing any stories regarding this issue.

• 1 month later...
Guest alibali

Hello all ! Glad I found this thread! Hoping to come over next year and wondering what latest payscales are for nurses level one?

Anyone got any opinion on whether we could survive frugally on a basic 1.9 level wage as family of four,living frugally in a rental of @ $500 perweek ?! And salary packaging whatever we can

Would really appreciate any info, thanks. Alison

• 1 month later...
Guest amransan

hi Ali,

my wife is a nurse in singapore and we already got our Australian PR.

well she tried to find a job through job agency but the reply was nagative.

we in the process selling our home in singapore and planning to live in Perth.

can u advice us how to find job in perth hospital?

u can also reply me at amransan@yahoo.com.sg

thanks Ali:smiloe:

Level:

1.1 $47.428

1.2 $49.325

1.3 $51.298

1.4 $53.350

1.5 $55.484

1.6 $57.703

1.7 $60.011

1.8 $62.412

1.9 $62.412

2.1 $64.373

2.2 $65.687

2.3. $67.027

2.4 $68.395

Hi,

I contacted hospitals directly with my CV and expressing and interest and enquiring if there were currently any vacanicies. Some replied and some didn't. Also look on seek.com.au for nursing positions

Hope this helps