Information needed areas to live - Joondalup, Claremont or other areas

Guest BiancaJacobSimon

Guest BiancaJacobSimon

Can anyone please help - I am looking for the best area to live, new to this area!

My husband works in Perth city, we have a toddler and I am not working at the moment. We would like to live somewhere vibrant, lots going on, lots of activities for toddlers and for adults - yoga classes, fitness centres nearby. Would be nice to have easy access to the beach too.

We don't have a car, and only use public transport so need to consider that too - in terms of getting places and doing the shopping, going to the library.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thank you

Bianca

Guest guest1337

Hi

Joondalup is good, kinross, clarkson, curumbine, connolly, somerly, ocean reef, mindarie are all ok, good public transport near by most, depends what your looking for size and price, and renting or buying? If your looking for a car I'm selling my commodore soon if interested let me know?

We live in Clarkson and I work in south Perth (Como) take about 35 minutes to drive there. (off peak) There are plenty of child care centers, gyms and cafes, shop etc in joondalup area.

Guest BiancaJacobSimon
Hi

Joondalup is good, kinross, clarkson, curumbine, connolly, somerly, ocean reef, mindarie are all ok, good public transport near by most, depends what your looking for size and price, and renting or buying? If your looking for a car I'm selling my commodore soon if interested let me know?

We live in Clarkson and I work in south Perth (Como) take about 35 minutes to drive there. (off peak) There are plenty of child care centers, gyms and cafes, shop etc in joondalup area.

Hi thank you for your advice. I probably should have said that we are currently living in Clarkson, Somerly, but because we don't have a car I am not able to get to gyms/toddler activities/ yoga easily because there aren't any in Clarkson itself, apart from a 25min walk from house. So trying to think of an area where everything is within a reasonable walking distance and not too isolated, it may be that we are chasing utopia and doesn't exist! I think being closer to the city would help as my husband would b back from work earlier and therefore not dark!

Guest BiancaJacobSimon
Have you thought of moving closer to the city - you may be able to access a lot more amenities?

Ali

Hi Ali,

Yes thought about moving closer to city - someone suggested Como? Ihave also been looking at Claremont

I've only every driven through claremont on my way home from Greylands when I was on a course. After my initial suggestion I'm not that helpful am I lol. I live in Leeming which is near Murdoch station (of course Murdoch is closer!). It's only about 10 mins by train into the city and only a bus ride into Freo where I'm sure there will be loads to do. You could possible also consider just slightly south of the river too

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

Claremont is brilliant - if you can afford it. It has everything, a real sense of community, Govt schools are great (east Claremont Prim in particular), near the beach, near the city, near the railway line, JOhn XXII College is excellent as is Shenton College, and there's a host of other private schools. You'd never have to leave the area! Claremont shopping centre has most things and there's a new centre opening up soon. If you can afford Calremont I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else!