possibility a job in oz

Guest juninho25

Guest juninho25

Hi all if anyone can give me some info would be much appreciated. I have an interview for a gas company in kwinana , the lads are coming over from the company to interview me in manchester. A few questions the starting salary is 100,000$ a year is this good for that part of australia. Another question is were to rent near kwinana and how much you would pay monthly. Also any more info on what bills you pay there. I would be moving with my wife and two sons aged 14 and 8 so any info on schools or anything else wpould be appreciated. Thanks

The money is good for Oz, how it is for you depends on what you currently earn. It will give a lifestyle similar to earning 40k pounds in the UK. As for housing, there are loads of suburbs in the area. Though i would avoid Kwinana itself. But anywhere south of the river would be fine even as far down as Mandurah.

Hi all if anyone can give me some info would be much appreciated. I have an interview for a gas company in kwinana , the lads are coming over from the company to interview me in manchester. A few questions the starting salary is 100,000$ a year is this good for that part of australia. Another question is were to rent near kwinana and how much you would pay monthly. Also any more info on what bills you pay there. I would be moving with my wife and two sons aged 14 and 8 so any info on schools or anything else wpould be appreciated. Thanks

Have a good read over the topics in the various forums on this site which will lead you to other posts / threads about a range of issues. There are a lot of great posts on Cost of Living, budgets etc. once you start to get into it. Once you have some background information you can then work out what your budgets could be, i.e. what cash you could be bringing to tie you over until you start work, what your weekly take home pay will be versus all your out goings. Take home pay on $100,00pa should be in the region of $70,000pa circa $1400 per week. Someone else may help here and give you a more accurate figure but that should not be that far off. Hopefully a bit more.

To help with looking at rental prices check this site. http://reiwa.com.au/home/default.aspx

For education this is a good link to something on this website. http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/educa...does-work.html

For which suburbs type "which perth suburb to live in" into a Google search and there is heaps of stuff avaialble. The property site also has loads of good information on suburbs as well.

Happy researching.

Edited by StraighttothePoint

Guest juninho25

Thanks for the info, really helpful my interview is next week so fingers crossed. Hopefully be asking a few more questions in the coming weeks.

• 4 weeks later...