190 Granted

stu4668

• 3 weeks later...

it took us just over 12 months but we did make a slight mistake as we submitted an EOI (Expression of Interest) on 01/07/12 and then sat waiting until about October/November time expecting to be invited for a 190 visa. We realised we were meant to apply for WA state spomsorship after submitting the EOI which we did about December 2012. That was granted within 2 or 3 weeks and immediately after the 190 DIAC visa application started. I suppose if we had not made the mistake we could of possibly done it within 9 months. Everyones case does vary and timescales can vary. good luck in the process, if you need help this website does offer a wealth of information from personal experiences. dont hesitate to ask

thankyou!, also u have just had your 190 visa granted did it give u a date when u can enter western oz? is that what happens you get your visa granted then a date when u can enter from? whats the date you have bin given? just so we can get a ruff idea when we think we will be over ther thanks again stu

we have 12 months from the date of the medicals or police checks (whichever is the oldest) to validate the visa and upto 5 years from the date of the visa being granted to enter Oz. Because my kids are in crucial exam years at school I cannot move over there until July 2014 at the earliest therefore we all have to make the trip to validate the visas

because ov the weather it always cold,rainy etc so dont get much time to see the coast! mainly for our girls to have a decent up bringing, we are a out door family and want the best for them, lots of benefit scroungers grimsby /cleethorpes, lots of young people on drugs, dont want this for my girls so gona give perth a try, hopefully we will all settle and love it, just a shame you cant take your family with you isnt it

sorry to be a pain just wana make sure i get it,lol. when u get ur visa approved could you enter oz straight away or do they give u a date when u can enter? thanks again

As far as I am aware, as soon as I was granted the visa I could emmigrate straight away but due to my circumstances I can't emmigrate until 2014. I am sure if I am incorrect someone will correct me :wink:

thankyou, i wasnt sure if after u was granted the visa you got a date to enter, i see another post and someone said they was granted a visa but couldnt enter oz until sept just confused me abit?? do u think that was after they had ther police check and medical side bk? thats why asking yu all these questions.lol. wer hoping to be in perth this time next yr wer going in sept without the kids to see what suburb we wana live excited

because ov the weather it always cold,rainy etc so dont get much time to see the coast! mainly for our girls to have a decent up bringing, we are a out door family and want the best for them, lots of benefit scroungers grimsby /cleethorpes, lots of young people on drugs, dont want this for my girls so gona give perth a try, hopefully we will all settle and love it, just a shame you cant take your family with you isnt it

have you been to Perth before? Family!!!! it is a long way from family but to be honest I spoke to my parents more on skype during the 3 weeks I spent in oz last year than I probably do when I am in the UK. family and friends can always pop over and see us if they can afford the air fares, im sure like most people that emmigrate, leaving family and friends behind is hard :sad:

thankyou, i wasnt sure if after u was granted the visa you got a date to enter, i see another post and someone said they was granted a visa but couldnt enter oz until sept just confused me abit?? do u think that was after they had ther police check and medical side bk? thats why asking yu all these questions.lol. wer hoping to be in perth this time next yr wer going in sept without the kids to see what suburb we wana live excited

my letter from DIAC just says Must Make First Entry before 22nd Feb 2014 therefore I take that from the date granted I can enter and stay

We havent bin yet but bin researching for months, so decided we will go in sept/oct for 3wks to look at wer we wana live etc, my hubby will go over 1st to get the house sorted then we will follow, do u think it is a place u could settle? i no its a beautiful place just hope we are settle dont want to move over ther to come bk at all! am sure we will make friends and be fine, my parents and so will my hubbys and our close family will come over and see us, it wil be quality time we spend together wont it, lifes to short we have to at least give it 110%!