Neat & Tidy

Hello,

We have started to look at houses and have come across the description "neat & tidy". What exactly does that mean?

The 2 houses we have looked at were in desperate need of paint job and the carpets were filthy - now re-reading the advert, they didn't include the description "neat & tidy". Also, we have started to see some adverts with just "neat" (no tidy included!).

Hope you can help!

Hi Wallywombat.... I had idea of what "Neat and Tidy" meant either, so I asked my daughter and a few of her friends who are currently renting. They all said that "Neat" meant it probably had been painted in the past few years and "Tidy" meant that any odd jobs around the place (like fixing hinges, door handles, curtain rails, broken gates, fences etc etc) had been done. Not sure if that is your interpretation on it, but hope it gives you an idea from a Gen Y perspective!

HI,

Thanks - that makes sense. I think we are just going to avoid all adverts that don't include the neat. "tidy" will hopefully be quick fixes - it's the painting that drives me nuts.

Rosie

QUOTE=Rossmoyne;57810]Hi Wallywombat.... I had idea of what "Neat and Tidy" meant either, so I asked my daughter and a few of her friends who are currently renting. They all said that "Neat" meant it probably had been painted in the past few years and "Tidy" meant that any odd jobs around the place (like fixing hinges, door handles, curtain rails, broken gates, fences etc etc) had been done. Not sure if that is your interpretation on it, but hope it gives you an idea from a Gen Y perspective!