Recently single heading to Perth- Now what?

Guest aurora

Guest aurora

Hi all. Newbie to this site!

My girlfriend and I had been planning for a while to come and live in Perth from the U.k. I am an Aussie perminant resident. I am an electrician, and have been preoccupied getting my paperwork together to apply for a Australian recognised trade certificate and haven't been involved in the "what part and where and how much " side of things because my girlfriend was taking care of that.

We have now broken up but I still intend to go. The thing is, I haven't got a clue where a person on their own should go, or where I would stay. I couldn't afford a house on my own and don't have family or friends in Perth, so would I have to doss in a hostel for a few months until I got a job etc..?

Has anyone got any suggestions as to which suburb I should head to in my position with regards to work/accomodation etc...? Or know of any sites that I could use to make some friends in a similar boat to me before I leave? I am literally starting again!

Thanks!