Moving to Perth

tombrum

Hi All,

I'd already posted on Poms in Oz before realising there was a Perth specific forum.

Basically, I'm 20 years old and currently doing a four year apprenticeship. At the end of it I will have a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. My dad has recently become an Australian Citizen but I just wondered what are my best options?

I currently live with my girlfriend and we both intend to move to Australia however we don't really know where to start and when?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Also am I able to apply for a visa now even tho I won't have my certification for a while yet?

Thanks

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

First of all you start by investigating the types of visa that you can apply for. There may be some based on your fathers citizenship and some based on skills shortages. Then of course there will be the situation with your girlfrined to consider in terms of her qualifications and the status of your relationship at the point of visa application.

Thank you for responding!

My occupation is on the Skilled Trade List which is the first good news.

I've checked out the website but I think I have two choices really and am unsure which is the best route to take;

1. Head out on a Working Holiday Visa then look for 457 Visa Sponsorship.

2. My dad could sponsor me but I am unsure where my girlfriend comes in to this?

Regarding qualifications, she has no qualifications yet works full time as a lettings agent manager in Birmingham.

Am I able to apply even though I do not yet have the qualification?

Thank you for responding!

My occupation is on the Skilled Trade List which is the first good news.

I've checked out the website but I think I have two choices really and am unsure which is the best route to take;

1. Head out on a Working Holiday Visa then look for 457 Visa Sponsorship.

2. My dad could sponsor me but I am unsure where my girlfriend comes in to this?

Regarding qualifications, she has no qualifications yet works full time as a lettings agent manager in Birmingham.

Am I able to apply even though I do not yet have the qualification?

If it was me then I would now have a conversation with a registered Migration Services Agent. You should get the first 30 minutes free as a sales chat. Let them know the research you have done so far, the background and what you think your options are and they should confirm everything for you.

I would doubt you can apply for any visa where skills related requirments come into it without your having your qualification because part of the visa process will be to provide evidence of success and not necessarily evidence of current activity. Not sure though. As for your girlfriend if you were to come out on skills visa then she could be included as your partner I presume but again their will be set criteria you need to match, e.g. proof of an ongoing relationship over time, living together, joint bank accounts, etc. This is why it is possibly best to have a chat with an agent and they will clarify things exactly for you.

In saying all that why do you not just both come out on a working visa once you are qualified and see how you both go? Have a bit of an adventure and work it out from there.

If it was me then I would now have a conversation with a registered Migration Services Agent. You should get the first 30 minutes free as a sales chat. Let them know the research you have done so far, the background and what you think your options are and they should confirm everything for you.

I would doubt you can apply for any visa where skills related requirments come into it without your having your qualification because part of the visa process will be to provide evidence of success and not necessarily evidence of current activity. Not sure though. As for your girlfriend if you were to come out on skills visa then she could be included as your partner I presume but again their will be set criteria you need to match, e.g. proof of an ongoing relationship over time, living together, joint bank accounts, etc. This is why it is possibly best to have a chat with an agent and they will clarify things exactly for you.

In saying all that why do you not just both come out on a working visa once you are qualified and see how you both go? Have a bit of an adventure and work it out from there.

To be honest I think that will be our best bet, the working holiday visa will work as a test i suppose. We are both only young so its not like we have a lot to lose if we leave the UK for a year. However I also reckon I should talk to a migration agent too. Thank You