Schools South of the River

The Jamesy's

:smile2:Hi all, after spending many hours trawling the net for work/school NOR, we are now looking at SOR as this seems to be where my hubby would get more work at the moment (carpenter) As we haven't really entertained the idea of SOR we are now starting a fresh new search down South!! Any advice on where to start with schools would be fantastic. We have 4 girls, 12, 11, 4 & 2. So we would be looking at high schools and primary schools. Just an idea of areas with good schools and reasonable housing to give us idea of where to begin our new search would be greatly appreciated :smile2: Thanks so much Jess xx

To be honest, my impression is that most primary schools are good, so you need to concentrate on the High schools. Top performing public schools for High School in my area are Rossmoyne, Willeton and Leeming - you may find rents higher in these areas and you will probably need to live in the catchment area. Rossmoyne in particular has a very tight catchment area. My daughter graduated from Leeming last year and loved it there, they have an academic extension programme and science acadamy. The school had great results last year, and my daughter has gone on to study at UWA

My son isn't quite as academic but the school also meets his needs, he's in music programme where he gets one to one tuition weekly and one of the out of school activities for that programme is 'rock band'.

Our friend is a Uni lecturer and private tutor and has chosen to send his children there also

One of the things I like about the school is that it also has an education support centre and my daughter has said that this in particular teaches the students tolerance and acceptance of others. The Ed support children are encouraged to be in main stream activities if they can be and were very much part of the celebrations at the school ball. I've listened to the special needs teacher speak a couple of times at parent events and if you had a special needs child you would want this woman involved in their education ... she just exudes care, compassion and enthusiam ... and whilst I don't have a child with special needs it always makes me feel that the school offers a very complete package for all their students.

I've probably bored you ... but sometimes it's not the school that has the best results but the school that best meets your childs needs and just "feels right"

Edited by ali

:smile2:Hi all' date=' after spending many hours trawling the net for work/school NOR, we are now looking at SOR as this seems to be where my hubby would get more work at the moment (carpenter) As we haven't really entertained the idea of SOR we are now starting a fresh new search down South!! Any advice on where to start with schools would be fantastic. We have 4 girls, 12, 11, 4 & 2. So we would be looking at high schools and primary schools. Just an idea of areas with good schools and reasonable housing to give us idea of where to begin our new search would be greatly appreciated :smile2: Thanks so much Jess xx[/quote']

Agree with Ali that would be my top three. If your budget does not stretch to those suburbs then you probably need to have a review of the high school results and see what you think. Once you have a short list match suburb to your budget.

One thing to perhaps bear in mind is that the schools are what they are.

Education and School Lists

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/WA/all.aspx

http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/P...son_Statistics