Salary

Nicola0mc

Hi

I am totally new to this....we are just considering moving over at the moment.

But what we are really looking to find out is what my partners salary would be roughly if we did move.

He currently works offshore as a fully qualified mechanic, so would be looking to do the same in Perth.

Could someone advise where we could look to get an idea?

Thanks!

Hi

I am totally new to this....we are just considering moving over at the moment.

But what we are really looking to find out is what my partners salary would be roughly if we did move.

He currently works offshore as a fully qualified mechanic, so would be looking to do the same in Perth.

Could someone advise where we could look to get an idea?

Thanks!

Welcome to PP.

There's a wealth of good info on here and I'm sure there are members working offshore who can help.

Thanks, I have checked some online places but none of the adverts have Salary information.

For some reason, salary is often not stated in job ads here. My son is an automotive engineer and works FIFO on mines and he advises me that the guys he is currently working with are all paid different rates that were negotiated at interview stage, and depend entirely on prior experience and job role. The rates seem to be an hour rate for the most part and can be anything from $35 to $50 per hour. What you have to bear in mind though is that they are usually 12 hour work shifts and the work swings can be anything from a month on:month off, down to a week on:week off. All this will alter the annual salary of course. Hope that gives you some indication.