Snake warning

portlaunay

Thanks Port. Us "newbies" over here don't really have a clue with things like this. Us humans know to run, but I worry that the Hooligans will want to investigate any new things they come across. We will have to learn quick and let's hope not the hard way. At the Quarantine station, they have some solar looking lights which they reckon stops the snakes from going anywhere the kennels. Has anyone else heard about these? If so, do you know where I could purchase some to be on the safe side? TIA

No, not heard of lights like this and would be interested to know more.

We have a well used garden but the veggie patch at the back is fenced off so the dog can't go on it and as it's left to its own devices a lot of the time it's likely to be a place wriggly things will seek sanctuary. There's also a vacant lot next to us with a small mountain of limestone against our fence so it's ideal for hibernating snakes.

I've had one near miss and whilst my kids are curious they are also cautious. It's only been two years for us but the kids have learnt fast to approach everything with caution. Actually that's not quite true, my son is very wary, my daughter would pick anything up, bring it into the house and ask, "Can I touch this?":wacko:

When I go tomorrow, I will ask one of the kennel ladies where they bought them, or if they know the name of these lights.

When we lived in Spain, we lived quite near a lake. We used to walk the dogs down there and Purd would quite often find a dead snakeskin and run along with it. My worry is that she will see a live snake and think oh I know what this is!

No, not heard of lights like this and would be interested to know more.

We have a well used garden but the veggie patch at the back is fenced off so the dog can't go on it and as it's left to its own devices a lot of the time it's likely to be a place wriggly things will seek sanctuary. There's also a vacant lot next to us with a small mountain of limestone against our fence so it's ideal for hibernating snakes.

I've had one near miss and whilst my kids are curious they are also cautious. It's only been two years for us but the kids have learnt fast to approach everything with caution. Actually that's not quite true, my son is very wary, my daughter would pick anything up, bring it into the house and ask, "Can I touch this?":wacko:

Thanks Port. Us "newbies" over here don't really have a clue with things like this. Us humans know to run, but I worry that the Hooligans will want to investigate any new things they come across. We will have to learn quick and let's hope not the hard way. At the Quarantine station, they have some solar looking lights which they reckon stops the snakes from going anywhere the kennels. Has anyone else heard about these? If so, do you know where I could purchase some to be on the safe side? TIA

Afraid they are a con - they have been proven not to work. The only thing that will stop a snake is a physical barrier. I am writting this from the area with the most venomous snakes in the world - SE Tanzania. We get upto half a dozen a week in a small camp and would love these things if they worked. But we researched them and it was found to be a con