Container Clear Customs - Happy PerthPoms Family!!!!!

Sapper59

:biggrin: We have been informed by Crown that our container cleared customs with no dramas. The scrubbing and use of copious quantities of Jeyes fluid were worth it.

Unfortunately, we don't yet have a house to move all of our belongings into!

Oh, well, mustn't grumble - we are in Perth and it's great!

In terms of advice for those packing up in UK, I would say read the rules and consult the forums on here and PIO - no untreated wood, no pine cones in christmas decorations, clean and disinfect all items that have been outside and you should be fine.

Happy days,

Regards,

Sapper59.

Weston Clan,

It cleared really quickly - Crown Relo informed us by email on 8 Nov 13 that the container was due to arrive 'over the weekend'. I emailed them the completed customs form on 13 Nov 13 and we were informed that it had cleared customs on 19 Nov 13, so 6 days to clear customs.

The whole process was quicker and less painful than we had expected. Our Container left our old house in UK on 27 Sep 13 and was here and clear of customs on 19 Nov 13 = 7.5 weeks - not bad!

Regards,

S.

Whoohoo, we are very jealous. We are still waiting for ours. We have been to the shippers' offices to pay the $440 customs fee. The container arrived on 16/11. The shippers have said 12-16 working days if all goes to plan. It cannot arrive quick enough now. We are both fed up with "camping" out in our new house.

Happy Unpacking!

It might be 22 years since I was in your shoes, but I well remember the angst of whether the container would clear customs OK..... But it did within 3 days and then we had to store everything for three weeks as the house wasn't ready in time! I had forgotten all about that until I read this thread. I do remember quite clearly though how ecstatic I felt as I unpacked our family belongings that we hadn't seen for three months. Enjoy unpacking!!!

All,

Yes, we are looking forward to unpacking our stuff when we eventually get somewhere to live more permanently. We are hoping to buy a lovely place in Freo, but need stars (and finance) to align, otherwise we may have to go into a rental for a year (which we had hoped to avoid). We should know one way or another in a couple of weeks and can them make a decision on unpacking the container. Until then, it is more living out of suitcases, but life is still really good!

Odies,

I think that you do have to pay customs fees on everything - I think that it was included in our contract with Crown.

Regards,

S.

• 3 weeks later...
It might be 22 years since I was in your shoes, but I well remember the angst of whether the container would clear customs OK..... But it did within 3 days and then we had to store everything for three weeks as the house wasn't ready in time! I had forgotten all about that until I read this thread. I do remember quite clearly though how ecstatic I felt as I unpacked our family belongings that we hadn't seen for three months. Enjoy unpacking!!!

Hi, your username is interesting. We are looking at different suburbs to settle down. Work at Beckenham. Do you know if this is a good suburb to settle down? Thank you, Mike

Congratulations! Do you know how long it took to clear? Just wondering ... we think ours is going to get stuck in the christmas shut down!

Hi our container came into Fremantle on the 21/12/13, have you got yours yet? Ours will definitely be caught in the Xmas shut down, be surprised if we see it before the second week in Jan!

Hi there

How long did your container take to get to perth

Thanks

Hi, Sianyc,

Sorry that I haven't responded earlier - our container took about 7 weeks including customs clearance. It arrived much quicker than we had been told and we had to pay for storage for a few weeks whilst we confirmed our rental. We had our stuff delivered last week and the chaos has just about subsided in time for Christmas.

Good luck with your container and Merry Christmas!

Regards,

S.

Hi, your username is interesting. We are looking at different suburbs to settle down. Work at Beckenham. Do you know if this is a good suburb to settle down? Thank you, Mike

Hi Mike... my user name is the suburb I lived in when we first came to WA. Great suburb but expensive to rent and buy. I don't know too much about Beckenham really but it seems to have a mixture of old and new housing. At one point it had much larger blocks with older houses and mini-market gardens and seemed to have a large Italian community. These days a lot of the blocks have been sold and there is now a good mixture of villa complexes as well as individual housing. It has good shops in the next suburb and has good public transport links. Hope that helps.