Nursing Wages

NorthumbrianDavid

Hi - my OH is a Critical Care nurse in the UK with 11 years experience. Currently she is at the top of band 5 on about 25k (GBP) pa and mentors students, etc.

We're looking at the WA salary rates and they are 1.1, 1.2, etc.

Does anyone have any idea what salary and salary scale she could expect to start on when we move out there? If it makes any difference, we are looking at the Rockingham and Mandurah areas.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sorry to hijack this post, searching thru google and stumble this PP and this is my first post, so hi to all

I'm here in SOR and working as a nurse in private clinic and looking for an agency work is there any agency i can register.

Many thanks

Hi sorry too to hijack, just moved over from east coast and looking for part-time agency work, i'm a psych nurse, haven't seen any recent ads for agencies, any recent ads for psych nursing at all, getting pretty desperate to find some work!! Currently SoR but only in a short-term let which I can't afford for much longer, and can't find a place to live without a job! :-(

Many thanks :-)

No probs. There is alot of agency work especially for adult nurses in the city and south of the river. The pay with the agency is at least double UK nursing hourly rate pay. Your wife is welcome to inbox me for further info if it will help.

Do they use child nurses in Oz? Crikes! Bit disconcerting seeing a 3ft nurse walk in with a plastic syringe and stethoscope. :biglaugh: