If there was a psychological assessment for migrants...

portlaunay

...would you take it?

If there was a credible, evidence based assessment that revealed to you how you might cope with the stress, whether your reasoning for emigrating was sound and provide you with a prediction as to whether you would be 'successful', would you take it?

If the outcome from it was the recommendation that you don't emigrate, would you still do so?

If it wasn't an arm and leg job to do then out of curiosity, yes I probably would take it. Would I pay that much attention to the results, especially if they said we shouldn't do it, probably not! So potentially a perfect waste of time and money! (and on that basis I can pretty much guarantee that my hubby wouldn't let me do it anyway) we had an itch that we needed to scratch or spend forever wondering what if, so I don't think there would have been much that would have stopped us from giving it a go. :biggrin:

Yes I'd do the test, but I think a lot of them depend on how you're feeling that day. I'm not sure that it would sway me personally, I'm not a massive risk taker so tend to have considered lots of possibilities and scenarios ... but If I was uncertain about the move - it might reinforce reasons not to give it a go.