State Sponsored skilled visa

Julesktm1

Well we in a real dilemma. Husband has chance to move with the company he has been with for twenty five years. The problem is our visa states we have to work in WA for two years. They can only offer Melbourne or Sydney. We gutted as we wanted to go with at least one of us with a job offer. Gosh life certainly does have it's twists and turns doesn't it. :nah:

• 2 weeks later...
You can ask WA to transfer you to the required state. It's still an option!

Thanks everyone we got hold of our case officer and are waiting back on reply . Have a lovely weekend its a long one here in Zambia we have Monday and Tuesday off. My children are home from boarding school so a happy mommy xxx

Hi DyLeB

check link below where I got the information. Hope this clarifies the "misinformation"!

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Frequentquestionsaboutstatesponsorship.aspx

Q: I received State sponsorship or nomination from Western Australia. Am I able to relocate to another State even though I have not resided in Western Australia for two years?

A:

By accepting State sponsorship or nomination you signed an agreement with the Government of Western Australia and made a commitment to live and work in Western Australia for a period of two years. To relocate you must apply to Skilled Migration Western Australia for a release from this commitment.