489 Visa

Tainted

It's going to be tough no one has had an invite on 60 points since Feb. they are only issuing 10 a time so there's likely to be a huge backlog of EOI on 60 points in front of you.

I am in the same boat and looking at alternatives with regional 489 on SS- might be worth looking into SS options otherwise you could be in for a long wait I'm afraid.

What are the factors that will be taken into consideration when giving out an invite?

It's done in order of points (highest points first) and date of application. So if they fill the quota with those on 70 points they'll not get to anyone on 65 or 60 no matter how long ago they submitted their EOI.

Hi - reading with curiosity as I see solicitor isn't on the wa list? I've just had skills assessment back confirming me as a statistician which means I can only get state sponsorship by SA or Victoria at moment so I thought the 457/ 186 visa routes were my only options for WA. Now curious about how you get around this on a 489? Cheers

Hi - reading with curiosity as I see solicitor isn't on the wa list? I've just had skills assessment back confirming me as a statistician which means I can only get state sponsorship by SA or Victoria at moment so I thought the 457/ 186 visa routes were my only options for WA. Now curious about how you get around this on a 489? Cheers

There is no way round it. A 489 will require you live in the sponsoring state for 2 years. You should also be very careful about the regional requirements for the sponsoring state and the ability to get work in the designated areas.