HELP.....Any jobs out there????

debbiedavo

Hi All

Can anyone help? We have been in this great country for 3 months now and although I have found work, my husband cannot. Does anybody know of anyone who might be hiring at the moment? Know its gonna be hard with Christmas comin up but he's going out of his mind. He is a CNC operator by trade but can do almost anything ( painting, labouring, warehouse work, FLT ).

If anyone knows of ANYTHING please get in touch, either on here or PM me.

Thanks

Debiy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Tonnor

Hi Debbie and Dave

I reckon it is a touch late for Xmas, but ive dug up a few employment agency details for you, there all in Joodalup, is that close enough?.

transparent.png

Prestige Perth Recruitment‎

1/124 Winton Rd, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - (08) 9301 4488‎

transparent.png

BIZLINK‎

87 McLarty Ave, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - (08) 9300 2144‎

transparent.png

RMS Training & Recruitment‎

10 Franklin La, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - (08) 9400 7577‎

Intework‎

8/210 Winton Rd, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - (08) 9300 2544‎

pvs Workfind‎

5/205 Lakeside Dr, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - (08) 9300 1766‎

Allstar Recruitment Solutions‎

9/10 Reid Promenade, Joondalup WA 6027‎ - 1300 478 233‎

These came up on a google search, hope it helps but i reckon youll be hard pressed before chrimbo, so it looks like youll just have to put the feet up and crack another tinnie!

Bob

Hi Bob

Thank you so much for all the agencies, hubby did sign on for a few but nothing came up, so he was a bit sceptical about them but he is willing to give them a try after crimbo ( as u said put our feet up an crack another tinnie, now that sounds like a plan )

Have a great christmas and new year, all the very best for 2010, and I will post somethin on here if he manages to find work.

Once again Thanx

Debbie x

• 1 month later...

Hello Debbie

Did anything come up for your husband work wise? My son (plumber) is having the same probs. He moved from Melbourne to Perth recently, has registered with every agency, he phones every job add and still nothing. He is phoning everything, labouring, factory work etc and nothing. What is a person supposed to do to get work over there? I hope hubby has managed to secure something.

Deb

Guest stevieb

Hi Debbie

Although only anecdotal, I've seen it so many times since we've been here, that it seems there's far more of the 'who you know, rather than what you know' when it comes to getting a job in Oz. Good look with the job search.

There are all sort of way , to get your face, known or the foot in the door! Even though many of you will be emailing all sorts of companies in the area

pf your expertise, Do you also include an up-to-date photo of your selves?

Even Australians, can find it hard to get work. Some print out heaps of resumes, and physically deliver same in person, and keep going back in person

not just send a resume and sit near a phone.

Another way is to first get yourself signed up with some sort of personal insurance to cover yourself , and actively apply for Unpaid work experience in the field you either already know having had some training, or something you are already interested in and have a smattering of knowledge of. Some times

these suggestions are the only way, people realize you ARE seriously looking for work, instead of just finding ways to fill in your card for centrelink.

The federal government has been training people in the art of installing insulation into ceilings, they maybe still doing it I`m not sure. But I think you may find that they are, and are also looking for people who are prepared to work in the smaller country towns. Yes it may be miles from no-where, but these country folk can do with some help too. You will also find them friendlier!

For the older person looking for retraining, you can find lots of place that Don`t Overlook Mature Employees look at some of the *green* companies that are starting up.

If you can`t get a a job any other way, look at the small business information and consider starting a business of your own, they help you so very much and if you learn well, they will enrich your family in more ways:geek: than one, by keeping payments going for up to 3 years, or until you start to make a profit. I know one family bought a Scandia Truck,(Prime Mover) they had 5 kids and had help, government wise for nearly 5 years.

Don`t just look at the sites that are advertized in the papers , under self employment, they

are just there to harvest your email address and either cold-call you or send you lots of spam.

hope this helps.