what do you do for a living?

beandownunder

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Janine. I might look at the university courses and see. I love where I work but its so different to what I'm used to. I had much more autonomy in the UK and I find it a bit frustrating. Plus I'm going to lose some of my skills where I work because its diagnostic only and I find I'm missing the therapeutic side of things. I miss the rush of a patient being rushed in with hematemesis and a Hb of 4. And the whole 'job well done team' when the patient has been stabilised and we can all breath again. What do you fancy?

Debs

i always wanted it be a nurse my mum was one. I looked into training when my girls were little but didn't do it wish I did now x

I don't know Janine. I might look at the university courses and see. I love where I work but its so different to what I'm used to. I had much more autonomy in the UK and I find it a bit frustrating. Plus I'm going to lose some of my skills where I work because its diagnostic only and I find I'm missing the therapeutic side of things. I miss the rush of a patient being rushed in with hematemesis and a Hb of 4. And the whole 'job well done team' when the patient has been stabilised and we can all breath again. What do you fancy?

Debs

@travelchic - not really sure but in view of the problems I've been having with my back/hip I need something easier on it and midwifery isn't exactly great for the back! I can do Reiki and maybe would look into doing more complementary therapy stuff but I'm also interested in hypno birthing so maybe could look into retraining and doing classes on this? hmmmm, seems like a good time for a new start....

J xx

Edited by beandownunder

@travelchic - not really sure but in view of the problems I've been having with my back/hip I need something easier on it and midwifery isn't exactly great for the back! I can do Reiki and maybe would look into doing more complementary therapy stuff but I'm also interested in hypo birthing so maybe could look into retraining and doing classes on this? hmmmm, seems like a good time for a new start....

J xx

whats hypo birthing?

Debs

whats hypo birthing?

Debs

you teach hypnosis techniques to couples, which they then use when they go into labour- its a costly course but you can then charge whatever you like ;-)

no stress on the back whatsoever!

J x

http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

just realised what you asked! oops typo I guess ;-)HYPNO BIRTHING lol!

Edited by beandownunder
typo on other post!!