Australia bank accounts

Keith

We opened a bank account with ANZ we did it online then we activate it when we arrive.Dont know if any difference with banks.We heard you can get extra baggage allowance if you fly Emirates and bank ANZ not sure how it works someone said you need a code.We tried but Emirates would not give us the extra allowance.I have heard others say they got the extra allowance.

We opened up with ANZ online, wired money over with HiFX then whilst still In The UK tried to pay for the holiday accommodation with it, couldn't get it to work, I called them and was told that the account was not active yet, just pop into your local branch with 100 points of ID and they will activate it for us......... We were still in the UK ............ How does that work. So be carefull, you can wire money into it, but you can't access it until you have been to a branch.

all the Aussie banks are about the same, some offer marginally better deals than others.

Guest Guest6235

We keep getting e-mails from ANZ about opening an account because Pickfords told them about us after getting our quote. In the e-mail they mention extra baggage and no charges in the 1st year. Do some banks not charge at all for having a bank account like NAB, I think I've seen mentioned.

We keep getting e-mails from ANZ about opening an account because Pickfords told them about us after getting our quote. In the e-mail they mention extra baggage and no charges in the 1st year. Do some banks not charge at all for having a bank account like NAB, I think I've seen mentioned.

All banks do different deals to attract customers, we got free banking for a year with ANZ, then they started to charge us, then we found out that OH working for COP qualified us for free banking again, and a lower interest rate on a mortgage, and don't forget banking here is backward compared to the UK and yes, they do charge you banking fees, AKA the 1980's in the UK

Guest Guest6235
All banks do different deals to attract customers, we got free banking for a year with ANZ, then they started to charge us, then we found out that OH working for COP qualified us for free banking again, and a lower interest rate on a mortgage, and don't forget banking here is backward compared to the UK and yes, they do charge you banking fees, AKA the 1980's in the UK

How much roughly are those fees. You could keep bouncing from bank to bank every year to get the best deal.

How much roughly are those fees. You could keep bouncing from bank to bank every year to get the best deal.

It wasn't much, I think about $25 year unless you go overdrawn, then they take you to the cleaners, there have been some court rulings lately limiting extortionate bank charges, you have to pay a yearly fee for credit cards too