TV for free

funkft

Hi all,

is anybody aware of any options to be able to view sky channels over here?

In the UK I had a Blade Online Internet box which enabled you to pay a very small subscription and view till your hearts content

i have subscribed to foxtel but their coverage of the English football doesn't come close the sky

plus I'm missing match of the day big time :)

i don't think my box works in the Southern Hemisphere - but surely somebody has found a way around this?

The TV is so dire here isn't it? I am looking into ways around getting better TV without paying for Foxtel. I am going to look into getting an Apple TV box and also I will be signing up to Unblockus which allows you to change your details to look like you are watching the tv (through the internet) from another country such as the UK and US - this means you can get Netflix, BBC iplayer etc. It is free for a week and then about 5 US dollars a month for this so well worth it. I only arrived last week so still got internet to set up - we are using mobile broadband at the moment.

I am sure others will be along too with suggestions.

The TV is so dire here isn't it? I am looking into ways around getting better TV without paying for Foxtel. I am going to look into getting an Apple TV box and also I will be signing up to Unblockus which allows you to change your details to look like you are watching the tv (through the internet) from another country such as the UK and US - this means you can get Netflix, BBC iplayer etc. It is free for a week and then about 5 US dollars a month for this so well worth it. I only arrived last week so still got internet to set up - we are using mobile broadband at the moment.

I am sure others will be along too with suggestions.

If you do get Apple TV don't buy ATV3, hunt through Gumtree/eBay, pay a little more and get the older ATV2, that way you can jailbreak it and access a lot more such as Kodi.

Thanks for that Porty. My husband had said to get a jailbreak one. Is it easy to jailbreak it yourself?

Yes, very easy, there's lots of info on how but I use Seas0nPass. You'll find a lot of them will already be jail broken because they're worth more. There's no hack for ATV3 so, while it's pretty good as is, there's so much more to access with ATV2

Are you guys not aware of a set top box that allows you to get all of the SKY channels - im pretty sure the reason i cant get mine working is because we are in the southern hemisphere, but there must be a way around this

these types of boxes are in abundance in the UK, so im sure the aussies have got something similar?

• 1 month later...

Use google chrome and "hola" no need to pay for a VPN. But that's not what the OP is asking, he's talking about card sharing. You receive a satallite signal from your TV company and you have a different decoder to the one you're supplied with, this decoder is connect through the internet to a server which unscrambles the signal just the same way a paid for viewing card would.

I have asked a few people about card sharing for Foxtel but no one seems to think it's available here (yet)

• 1 month later...