taking a car "over the pits" fees

mwjw

Has it got 'Rego' ? If so it doesnt need to go over the pits, but you can get the RAC out to give it a once over and give you a report, if it hasnt got 'Rego' then you need a temporary movement permit to get it to the pits, this you can book online, the movement permit is only valid for 48 hours, if it fails, then you have to take it away, get it fixed and take it back, all on temporary movement permits, which are only valid for 48 hours at a time, the permits cost about $60 and you get it online, the pit inspection is about $120, slightly cheaper for a re inspection

The "pits" is only if something has gone wrong. If there is something wrong, you'll get a yellow sticker and *have* to fix it. Then it'll keep costing for every re-test.

If it has rego, you are fine to drive it. Find a garage you trust, and get them to do a full service and look over it for you.

Once you have changed all the fluids (engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, gearbox oil) and filters (air, oil, AC). Stick some new brake pads on it and they can have a look once it's in the air for anything worn or leaking.

It's what I do (DIY though) so then I have peace of mind.

What's your location? I could at least have a look for you if you are near.

I'd suggest the Lube-Mobile guys as a start to get all the oils swapped.

I used to DIY all my cars, but since coming back to Aus I've tried to avoid a lot of it. Climbing over a car in 30+ degrees isn't my idea of fun.