189 November Lodge

HoneyJackMonster

MAYBE I AM A COMPLICATED CASE JASON!

My husband is not from the UK, maybe they are not keen on his kind! LOL !!

LOL arnt all women complicated cases :) Before anyone starts im joking, or am i mmmmuuuuuuhhhahhahhahahahaaaaa. (Finger by the mouth like doctor evil)

Hope it all goes well for you, i am waiting to see what comes out of my medical so i maybe joining you in the long wait.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their visa and hope most of the luck goes my way :) then you can all share the rest of the luck :)

Thanks - no it was okay, but staff attitude left a lot to be desired - especially on return journey. They acted really put out if you asked for anything versus singapore staff who were so polite and friendly throughout. On my own I'm not bothered but I have 5 Children so it's quite important and worth a bit extra...

Well, I hope none of you get the same case officer as us!

We submitted the extra documents they requested in January, on Monday this week, (taking us over a month to get them all.) We got a reply today ( via my agent)

They have said that my husband requires TWO police checks as he is Croatian, One from the capital and one from his home town/city basically. ( we were not given that info when it stipulated what was required of both our police checks)

ABSOLUTE pain in the ass. Also they have informed us that My husbands medical is not complete.

So, Firstly, They have had the police checks since December, Why has it taken so long to decide they need this?????? Why are they waiting till we supply one bit info, to then find another item they require, why not list everything in one go!!!!!!!!??????

Secondly, It appears there is an technical error on the medical, but again why has it taken since the first week of jan to discover this, especially as everything is electronic and not lost in the old snail mail etc.

Thirdly, why do they wait till Friday to let you know they need more, You then cannot act and achieve anything, so you have the whole weekend to sit and stew as you can't do anything.

My agent is astonished, She can't believe what is occurring. She said there was a time when she knew most of the case officers names, and you pretty much knew straight away who you were dealing with. Now it's like I am dealing with a computer, not a human, with any comprehension of the fact that we are individuals and humans at the other end of all this paperwork! There has been no logical way to how our case has been handled. A farse. it does make me concerned to the government I am possibly going to be living under.

Even my level headed husband is P-ssed off this am.

Thankfully His Mum is in Croatia and make the 5 hour drive or one hr flight up to capital to get the info we require.

Frustrated is an understatement. At this rate we will be booking our flight the week before we have to validate in DEC!

I hope it's all worth it in the end!

Congratulations on getting your visa.Can you maybe let my other half know what the plumbers practical assessment is like and what he has to do? .We are in London this weekend he sits it Saturday very nervous ???

tracy123.... thanks for the congratulations! tell your other half not to be nervous whatsoever..... it is pretty straightforward for any plumber! I did mine up up Blackburn but I would have thought thought It will be much the same down in london. In the morning it was just paperwork, checking you have your first aid certificate etc and then straight into practical assessment. You were given a 'booth' where we bent copper to a plan, it is basically a set of pipework to an imaginary water heater and across to a basin. One section in speedfit pipe, a couple of compression fittings and a few soft soldered joints. No steel or brazing was required. 1 1/4 pipe to an imaginary basin. Assessor then pressure test the pipework. The next stage was to rip all that off the wall and do some stack work to a plan. All pushfit. Assessor asks you some questions.We all found ourselves racing against each other to finish however this is not necessary!! After lunch it was the theory side. Straightforward questions any plumber could answer. In all honesty I worked myself up for it, just a human instinct I think but tell your other half he will walk out and think 'what was all the fuss about'!

Got the CALL from our agent today!!!!!!!!

VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure it's sunk in yet!

Relieved is a huge understatement. xxxxxx

Congratulations, see even with having the dodgy past on the boats you still made it ;)

gosh i I thought the waiting was a nightmare before but since our medicals and PC have been uploaded it's been hell. Your lives are on hold as people are asking us to do things and we are not sure we will even be about, and on the flip side we can't even really plan anything for moving until we get the granted visa.

I hope it won't be too long and hope you are all having fun making your plans....