Container....can you pack it yourself??

JaseandAnne

Just wondered, if you don't live too far from the container place can you pack your stuff in yourself??

Do you have to use a packing company?

I just wondered if technically you could hire a van, pop along to where your container is and fill it up. This would save money on packers meaning you just have pay for rent of container and insurance, right??:wink:

A mate of mine bought a 20 foot container to use as a secure store and only paid a £400 - £500 for it, it was old but still good!!

Could you buy your own container and just get them to ship it and sell it the other end!!?

I do have some hair brain ideas at times!!:wacko:

Just wondered, if you don't live too far from the container place can you pack your stuff in yourself??

I just wondered if technically you could hire a van, pop along to where your container is and fill it up. This would save money on packers meaning you just have pay for rent of container and insurance, right??:wink:

A mate of mine bought a 20 foot container to use as a secure store and only paid a £400 - £500 for it, it was old but still good!!

Could you buy your own container and just get them to ship it and sell it the other end!!?

I have no answers to any of your questions, will defo follow this thread so see the suggestions pop up.

Hair brain ideas is where it all starts, next thing you know your living on the other side of the world!

My hair brain idea was by an old routemaster, pack it full and drive to Aus!!

Heritage_Routemaster.jpg

Edited by Edna

How many tips would it take you in the van? They bring the container to your door and pack it - to be honest I thought "they'll never fit it all in" ... but they did. They worked solidly for 2 days just packing our stuff, they have their own boxes etc., and to be honest the amount of stuff we filled our container with, i'd have had a breakdown with the logistics of it all.

I don't know if you could use your own, but you would then have to pay for shipping, transportation to the dock ... don't know if you have to pay fees whilst it's sat on the dock waiting to be loaded - guessing there may be a lot of hidden costs and whilst it may work out cheaper - it would be a massive headache. You'll also have fees at the other end, have to arrange your own collection and transportation for delivery