Please help - state invite

Mary77

Hi all

Please if anyone could confirm my following query I would really appreciate it

After receiving Anzsco code, completed EOI and appears I have 70 points for 189 visa and 75 for 190. I have received invitation to apply from WA for state sponsorship.

However I am really confused as it seems I have to have a 12 month employment contract secured? I have not started an employment search as I was waiting for visa!!??

Please advise if it is even worth applying for this visa without employment contract?

Any help would be very much appreciated

x

Hi and welcome to the forum

If your occupation is schedule 2 on the WA list, then you must have a job contract of 12 months validity to gain state sponsorship.

My occupation, accountant is on schedule 2 WA LIST so I presume it is not worth me even applying for state sponsorship?!?!

Australia has had a significant oversupply of accountants for a few years now. Most people expected it to be removed from the SOL for at least the last two years. Due to the economic slowdown in WA, this is exasperated.

I agree verystormy, we have so many Graduate Accountants qualifying from WA universities and they can not find jobs, many working driving taxis or as security guards! Still amazed it is on list!

Please could you give me more information on your comment that Australia is awash with unemployed accountants

Before Skillselect was introduced with the occupation ceilings I read that on each program year for skilled migration 60% of them were accountants. Each year it is expected for accountants to come off the SOL.