My nephew wants to come to Perth

linda@no9

Hello all.

Weve been living in Perth for over 3 years on permanent residency visas.

Love it!!!

im visiting uk currently and my nephew has expressed keen interest on returning with me or at least before Xmas.

He obviously is keen to just stay forever, but we've suggested a working temp visa for maybe 6-12 months.

Hes filled out an elegibality form on line but in just not sure if he should be applying for a working holiday visa or not? He's not backpacking as he'll stay with us. Also, how long will one take to get?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

How old is he? A working holiday visa is a good option for a 6-12 month stay. You get 12 months but you can only work for one employer for 6months, this sometimes puts employers off hiring as it's not permanent (if your nephew is willing to take on anything casual though he should be fine). There is an option to extend the 12 month visa for another 12 months if your nephew is willing to do 3 months worth of agricultural work- there are some rules about who can sign you off etc. so make sure this is looked into.

I got got my working holiday visa approval within an hour when I applied on line. Had some of the best experiences of my life and am now waiting to get our PR so we can make the move permanently. I'd recommend it to anyone!! Xxx

Hi,

I went to Perth in 2009 on a WHV, as mentioned above you dont need to be a backpacker for this visa however I did struggle to get a job on the visa which meant I had to return to the UK. I dont want to completley use the visa as an excuse as I think I was very young and very picky on what I wanted to do and I think in my head I wanted to go home.

WHV are great to get the experience on what Australia has to offer but you really have to put in twice as much effort in terms of searching for work.

Good Luck x