perth VS sunshine coast

Woj

Ok, i have started a thread before regarding perth and gold Coast, but now know that the gold Coast is too busy. We want laid back, easy lifestyle, thats why my eyeballs Went north from the gold Coast to the sunshine Coast queensland.

To avoid writing a whole essay, ill try and keep it short not to bore you too much :)

What are the pros and cons of perth and sunshine Coast if anybody can compare? Job opportunities, safety, laid back lifestyle?

We are a family with two small children and those things are the most important ones. I have read the thread about safety in perth which has made my jaw drop, but am not writing the city off as i can only Imagine that all places , even the laid back SC, can have similar problems. I guess its a case of just minding urself.

Any opinions ? Plans have accelerated slightly as i am flying down probably in about 3 Months already and not 6 like i first thought.

When writing this thread i thought to put it in the perth VS gold Coast one but then thought that maybe starting a new one will be better as somebody looking for this info can easily find it. If the admin feels its better to join the two please go straight ahead.

Thanks up front for any opinions.

Woj.

Guest Guest6235

Is there an equivalent forum for the SC / QLD that you've asked this question also. There may be people I'm guessing who've moved from WA to that area like I'm sure some have moved from there to WA. I've been to the Sunshine coast briefly about 13 years ago, it was nice but I wasnt there long enough to form an opinion.

Hi

we have been in Perth for 4 years now and before that use to live on the Gold Coast , i love Perth but for me if you could find a well paid job on the sunny coast that would be the place to be so chilled beaches are great just the work aspect.

good Luck choosing.

QUOTE=Woj;137480]Ok, i have started a thread before regarding perth and gold Coast, but now know that the gold Coast is too busy. We want laid back, easy lifestyle, thats why my eyeballs Went north from the gold Coast to the sunshine Coast queensland.

To avoid writing a whole essay, ill try and keep it short not to bore you too much :)

What are the pros and cons of perth and sunshine Coast if anybody can compare? Job opportunities, safety, laid back lifestyle?

We are a family with two small children and those things are the most important ones. I have read the thread about safety in perth which has made my jaw drop, but am not writing the city off as i can only Imagine that all places , even the laid back SC, can have similar problems. I guess its a case of just minding urself.

Any opinions ? Plans have accelerated slightly as i am flying down probably in about 3 Months already and not 6 like i first thought.

When writing this thread i thought to put it in the perth VS gold Coast one but then thought that maybe starting a new one will be better as somebody looking for this info can easily find it. If the admin feels its better to join the two please go straight ahead.

Thanks up front for any opinions.

Woj.

I think the best thing to do, seeing as I will be travelling solo in 3 months (wife and kids will probably arrive about haldf a year later, so I have half a year to organise job, house and financials for when they arrive) will be to first try one place (I have friends in Perth so have accomodation etc) and then after a couple of weeks doing the homework on the spot, fly down to Queensland..

Although I have lived in Perth for 24 years, I have family members in Queensland and spend part of each year there. My son lives on the Gold Coast, and whilst I love being there with him, I couldn't live there. I have family in the Glass House Mountains region (inland from Sunshine Coast) and I do enjoy the Sunshine Coast greatly as it is much quieter and laid back than the Gold Coast. However as another poster has stated, getting work can be the problem there. I also have family in Brisbane and like it greatly. But the bottom line for me is that as much as I love Queensland, the weather in the summer spoils it for me as I hate the humidity, so I wouldn't live there. Having said that, we are all different and all want different things and I think it is hard to make a decision for yourself based on others' recommendations. Good Luck on your fact finding mission Woj as I am sure you will just "know" where you want to settle when you experience it.

Oh and as far as crime in Perth is concerned, this is a city in a first world country, so yes there is crime of all sorts, but no more than any other city in any other first world country. You just have to be aware of your personal safety and not be silly and leave your house or car unlocked, walk in a dark area at night etc. Common sense really, but I guess if you have been the subject of a crime you might have another view. Some people of course have a negative view on any subject and will always be able to find stats to prove their views.

I hope the house sale goes through successfully.... good luck on the next chapter of your journey.

Would like to thank you all for your valuable opinions! :)

The plan is slowly starting to get clearer. I will be leaving for australia in about 3 Months already, and for around 4-5 Months will be 'making ground' for my family upon their arrival.

So first i fly to perth and stay there about a week with friends, then fly to the sunshine Coast to See How that Will go.

2016 will be a very exciting year!! :)