Any thoughts on Attadale / Bicton?

Tiggerprawns

Hi there, just wondering if anyone could give me some of their thoughts about the suburbs of Attadale and Bicton please? In terms of costs of rentals, are they nice areas? Good primary schools in the vicinity? Proximity to amenities/shops /cinemas/ beach? Does it have its own 'centre' as such where you can get the basics? Is it a quiet area or lively?

Any feedback gratefully received - hubby flies out in 7 weeks and we (me and kids ) follow 3 weeks later!

Now starting to feel a mix of stomach-churning every time I think of it and excitement x x

thanks in advance for any help x

We live in Attadale and before that we lived in Bicton our daughter goes to Bicton PS and she loves it. It is an excellent school has good rep Attadale PS is also excellent and one of the best in WA i believe. There is a local shopping centre with supermarket, banks, chemist, hairdressers some clothes shops etc. Petrol station nearby close to the river easy to get to places. We are very happy here the rents are good at the moment as there is plenty of them about at the moment.

Hope the move goes well good luck.

Michelle

We lived in the area when we first arrived for two years. Its a great place. Best of both worlds, the river and head to Freo for the sea. Everything you need at hand, but if you want more the city is easy accessible by bus, for the train you would need to first get to either bull creek or Fremantle, but that's easily done. Lots of little cafes and restaurants around, Melville Plazza for shopping, garden city nearby for a more varied shop. You wouldn't go wrong with this area