189 visa - how long did you wait to get Invite to Apply?

LB1978

Hi we're planning to emigrate to Perth from Scotland next year so no immediate rush and we've taken our time a bit with the process as we knew we wouldn't be in a position to leave until 2018.

Husband has 60 points (business analyst, aged 38) and we submitted EoI in October via Go Matilda and still waiting for invite to apply. His points will move up to 65 in March so we'll jump up the queue a bit then but keep seeing posts from people who got theirs in a week or something so are we the only ones who are sitting in this queue?

As long as we have it by the end of the year it's fine but I just don't see many posts from people who have waited this long!

Hi yes we've asked and it looks like they're still on July 16 submissions so by our reckoning once we get to 65 points in March and jump up the queue a bit it should then be May/June when we get invite to apply. Go Matilda never gave us certain timescales so we always knew there could be a wait but I never see people waiting as long as this when I read these forums! I'm due a baby soon so wouldn't be able to do the health assessment until April anyway so the timescales are fine but it's just a worry until that invite comes through...

Hi yes we've asked and it looks like they're still on July 16 submissions so by our reckoning once we get to 65 points in March and jump up the queue a bit it should then be May/June when we get invite to apply. Go Matilda never gave us certain timescales so we always knew there could be a wait but I never see people waiting as long as this when I read these forums! I'm due a baby soon so wouldn't be able to do the health assessment until April anyway so the timescales are fine but it's just a worry until that invite comes through...

You would be surprised how long some wait. Accounting can wait a very long time or possibly never receive an invite if they only have 60 points.

The longest waits were the CAT 5's. These were low priority occupations who had applied and were waiting for grant. But, many were waiting 5+ years. Unfortunately the minister last year decided to annul the applications. Those who had been in Oz on bridging visas had to leave and refunds were only available if they still had the original paper receipt.

We received 2 invitations to apply. First one was within days of submitting an EOI, didn't realise an invitation round was so close. We let that lapse as we weren't completely ready to apply (we thought we would be waiting weeks/months for an invitation). When we were ready, we were still in the 60 days or close to the end of it, so I submitted another EOI and again we got an invite within about a week (again it was close to the invitation round). This was for a school teacher with 65 points.