Visa / Work advice for over 45's

Hi, We are wanting to move to Perth or perhaps another city in Australia.

I am 47 my wife is 40 and we have two children who live with us they are 14 and 13, our eldest son is 21 and lives in Perth on a student visa.

We are looking for advice regarding if we would be best contacting an immigration agent to help us and if so can anybody please advise on a good one as there seems to be so many out there that may just want our money!

I am a project construction manager and a time served joiner by trade, my wife is a qualified safety adviser and also a qualified advice and guidance expert.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

Any of the agents who post regularly on here would be a start, Go Matilda particularly often gets good reviews, please ensure that whoever you consult is MARA registered - the agents that post on here have their registration number as part of their signature.

I'm not up to date with visa's but know that age makes a difference. Have you looked up to see if your/wifes skills are on either of the skilled occupation lists? I think you would need to have recent experience as a joiner to use that occupation. If your eldest is also dependant and in full time education you may be able to add them onto your application - you would need to discuss this strategy with an agent.