Failed ielts twice. What next

reubensmam

Sat ielts again a fortnight ago. Got a 6 on reading again. I need a 7 for points.7.5/8's in all other catagories. This was my second attempt. Losing the will to live? Do I just go for it again or does anybody recc pte exam instead? I have heard it's easier but that's coming from people where English is not their first language?

Don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Edited by reubensmam
Wrong title

Sat ielts again a fortnight ago. Got a 6 on reading again. I need a 7 for points.7.5/8's in all other catagories. This was my second attempt. Losing the will to live? Do I just go for it again or does anybody recc pte exam instead? I have heard it's easier but that's coming from people where English is not their first language?

Don't know what to do.

Reading part in IELTS is more about practice and the techniques you use. And one part you can score 9/9. (First attempt I got 7 and second 9) so if you do practice, it's easy to score. (Scanning, skimming, timing)I too felt the same way when I didn't get it right in the 1st one. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do u recc I practice? Booked to do pte-a on 6th march. Hopefully will fair out better. Il pay to do the practise test too and lots of online

Questions. Maybe wasn't too prepared for ielts. Costing a small fortune for these 10points

I did a lot of practice tests. Used Cambridge books. All timed. There are normally 4 sets in a book. Easy to difficult. Did them until I get it right. (Read the reading techniques written on each book)

I too have heard PTE is relatively easy. So good luck !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk