Which visa do i need/can i get?

qprdan123

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help, i'm British and my wife's a Kiwi, we currently live in the Uk and are looking at moving to Perth, we also have 3 kids with Kiwi and British passports. She and the kids will be welcomed with open arms no doubt but what about me, I want to be able to work straightway ideally.

Any help much appreciated.

Dan

Hi and welcome to the forum. You need to be aware that following the Election in WA at the weekend, our government has changed and part of their mandate was to cease a lot of visa workers coming into WA. So my best advice to you is to consult a registered migration agent to discuss what your options are. New Life Down Under is a Migration Agent who posts on this forum and who is based in Perth and is held in high regard and she will be able to advise you of your options. Not a good time to be thinking about moving to WA at the moment with the downturn in the mining industry and subsequent recession though.

Thanks for the reply, I spoke to the Australian Immigration service over here yesterday and they informed me I need a Subclass 461 which entitles me to live and work for 5 years at a time, the fee is only $325 and takes 2-3 months to process. No mention was made to any problems currently but maybe that will change, ill contact the person mentioned to gain some additional advice. Myself and my wife work int he medical industry so hopefully this wont be too affected by the downturn.