Emigrating with a 16 year old

fran1977

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this!

I am in the process of doing my BSc(Hons) nursing top up degree to start the visa process, so realistically we have about 18 months before we would be ready to move (all going to plan of course!) My eldest daughter will have completed her GCSE's here before we are looking to move.  Where does this leave her education wise once in Perth? I know the school ages are different.  Also, what are the costs of education for our 3 children? We have 2 in primary that will still be pf primary age when we get there.

Thank you for any advice.:)

Children stay in school until they are 17/18 here (year 12).  Here children don't do - school - college - Uni ... it's school and then Uni or college depending on what they want to do.  

School fees - if you are on a PR visa there will be no additional fee, public schools  - you will need to buy uniform and books pens etc., there will be voluntary contributions and then fees in High school for particular courses/lessons.

On 1/11/2018 at 06:32, ali said:

Children stay in school until they are 17/18 here (year 12).  Here children don't do - school - college - Uni ... it's school and then Uni or college depending on what they want to do.  

School fees - if you are on a PR visa there will be no additional fee, public schools  - you will need to buy uniform and books pens etc., there will be voluntary contributions and then fees in High school for particular courses/lessons.

Should add to that excellent info is that they don't have to stay till year 12.  They can leave at the end of year 10 if they go to TAFE (college) or have some sort of full time job/apprenticeship.

• Like 1