Documents/evidence for Partner Visa

aussiebird2012

Hello,

Can anyone please give some examples of what they uploaded in support of there Partner Visa VIsa application?

Was it things like utility bills, photos, emails, passports, birth and marriage certificates......

What about proof of holidays in the form of emails if you dont have the plane tickets/boarding passes etc.... can emails be uploaded?

Do the statements from myself and O/H have to be hand written then scanned and uploaded and the ones from friends, family etc the same?

This is so complex, need to get it right.

I really would appreciate any help, thank you so much.

Xx

4 hours ago, ali said:

What did you include the last time he applied for the partner visa?

From what I can remember (and they all had to be certified colour copies) as it was a paper application;

Birth/marriage certs

Change of name cert

Family citizenship certs 

Passports

Utility bills

Bank/building society bills

Mortgage statements 

Personal statement friends/family in oz and UK

I don't think any photos back then if I can remember.

Is there a limit to how many documents/Photos can be uploaded?

I'm just gathering evidence now in the form of emails from holidays over the years.

Not done the statements yet.

My head is absolutely spinning!!

You're in the position of having applied and been granted before so at somewhat of an advantage I think.

Perhaps your hubby could carry some of the load as your head is spinning (it's his visa after all lol). 

I don't think it's changed other than if the copies are colour i'm not sure if they have to be certified.  I don't know about the limit for documents - my visa (independent skilled) was applied for in 2006 and a paper one

19 hours ago, ali said:

You're in the position of having applied and been granted before so at somewhat of an advantage I think.

Perhaps your hubby could carry some of the load as your head is spinning (it's his visa after all lol). 

I don't think it's changed other than if the copies are colour i'm not sure if they have to be certified.  I don't know about the limit for documents - my visa (independent skilled) was applied for in 2006 and a paper one

That's what I am thinking, they must have details of his first one, so they may compare and see that we are still a genuine couple.

I'm starting to gather all I need gradually to destress,  so I don't need to approach him unless I'm really stuck. He has been going through emails for me for evidence of all our holidays so he's helping that way and I'm asking him questions as I go along. 

He told his parents yesterday and he's a bit quiet at the moment. Hope that's not a bad sign!!

I'm just taking things steady to avoid a proper melt down with the application process. 

I think it's a good idea to pace yourself rather than get into a panic.  I don't know if they will still have all your evidence on file (don't know how long they are obligated to keep them for), but certainly they'll have evidence that they granted your hubby a visa.

I wouldn't overload the application with too many photo's … don't know how long you've been together, but perhaps one from each year?

On 02/03/2019 at 00:06, ali said:

I think it's a good idea to pace yourself rather than get into a panic.  I don't know if they will still have all your evidence on file (don't know how long they are obligated to keep them for), but certainly they'll have evidence that they granted your hubby a visa.

I wouldn't overload the application with too many photo's … don't know how long you've been together, but perhaps one from each year?

Yes I'm starting to slow down a bit, I was getting in a bit of a state.

We have been together 24 years and married for 17 years this July however I don't have photos that I can find when we first got together.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just been told by a Migration Agent that because me and my husband have been together a long time, 24 years and married for 17 years, he only needs to provide evidence of our continuing relationship of the last 3 years for another Partner Visa........he has previously had a partner visa......migration agent thinks that he doesnt really have substantial ties to Australia for a RRV, other than myself (Australian Citizen) and our children (27,29 and 14) who are citizens by descent through me, although  eldest 2 live in the UK but not with us,  we dont own or rent property there, have job offer etc (as we are currently living in the UK!)the agent said we have also been out of Australia coming up 5 years so has suggested a partner visa would probably be more successful. 

Has anyone heard that he only needs to provide the last 3 years of evidence together?

I haven't heard or read that anywhere and yet another agent has said that can't see that a 1 year RRV would not be granted! WHO DO WE BELIEVE NOW!!!!!!

Would have thought all Migration Agents have the same knowledge!!

If an RMA has told you that you only need 3 years, then they will be far more knowledgeable about the requirements than us amateurs on the forum.  

Have the agents just responded to your general questions on the forums or have you sought actual advise and discussed your case in detail with them?   More than once the RMA's on our sister site will say it is difficult to offer advice with just general information without knowing complexities of a case.  The will give general advice on a forum, but you will need to pay them in order for them to look at your case particularly.

I think Aussie bird, that you're trying to get information for the same question from so many different sources that that you are confusing yourself. Remember, the immigration laws change constantly and the RMA's will have updates long before us.