Car Rental Rip Off in UK - Easirent

nicka4

Hi, has anyone experienced being ripped off by car rental companies when holidaying back in the UK?

We had a particularly bad experience, we're 1409.97GBP out of pocket.

I tried to reason with the company (Easirent in Manchester) to no avail. I've also tried EconomyBookings who we booked through and they won't help.

It seems they prey on overseas visitors as it's harder to fight back once you're out of the country.

Can anyone advise if they've successfully got their money back and by what method?

Thanks

Nick

• 1 year later...
On 16/10/2022 at 06:25, nicka4 said:

Hi, has anyone experienced being ripped off by car rental companies when holidaying back in the UK?

We had a particularly bad experience, we're 1409.97GBP out of pocket.

I tried to reason with the company (Easirent in Manchester) to no avail. I've also tried EconomyBookings who we booked through and they won't help.

It seems they prey on overseas visitors as it's harder to fight back once you're out of the country.

Can anyone advise if they've successfully got their money back and by what method?

Thanks

Nick

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with Easirent in Manchester. It's unfortunate that you've had difficulty resolving the issue with the company directly and through EconomyBookings. While I haven't personally experienced this situation, some steps you could consider are reaching out to consumer protection organizations in the UK, such as Citizens Advice or Trading Standards, to seek advice and assistance in resolving the dispute. Additionally, you may want to consider leaving reviews and sharing your experience on online platforms such as Google Reviews, Trustpilot, or social media to raise awareness and potentially pressure the company to address your concerns.