whats warnbro like?????

Guest sam&mark

Guest sam&mark

Hi all

we move to perth mid feb from essex and just wondered what warnbro/wikiki areas are like for kindi/parks/pubs /local beach.wife will be working in the city and iam a brickie so hope to be local ish hope you can shed some lite

thanks mark

Warnbro, Western Australia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Warnbro

Western Australia Population: 11421 (2006 census)[1] Postcode: 6169 Location: 56 km (35 mi) from Perth LGA: City of Rockingham State District: Warnbro Federal Division: Brand Suburbs around Warnbro:

Waikiki Baldivis

Warnbro Baldivis

Port Kennedy Baldivis Coordinates: 18px-Erioll_world.svg.png32°20′24″S 115°44′49″E / 32.340°S 115.747°E / -32.340; 115.747

Warnbro is a southern outer suburb of Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, and is located on Warnbro Sound within the City of Rockingham. It is a residential area adjoining Port Kennedy which combines residential with retail and light-industrial land use.

The Centro Warnbro Fair shopping centre includes Woolworths and Coles supermarkets together with a wide range of speciality retailers and fast-food outlets. The suburb has excellent sporting facilities including "Aqua Jetty", a multi-purpose recreation facility with Olympic-sized swimming pools and a large gymnasium. Secondary schools are the Warnbro Community High School which enrolls some 1,600 students, and Living Waters Lutheran College, one of two Lutheran schools in Western Australia.there are 2 other schools, Warnbro primary, and another behind the Centro shopping centre named Koorana.

[edit] Notable residents

[edit] Public transport

Warnbro railway station on the Perth-Mandurah line is served by a network of feeder bus services which also link the suburb with Rockingham.

[edit] References

1. ^ Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Warnbro (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. 2006 Census QuickStats : Warnbro (State Suburb). Retrieved 2008-10-05.

[hide]

vde

Suburbs of the City of Rockingham | Perth | Western Australia

Baldivis · Cooloongup · East Rockingham · Golden Bay · Hillman · Karnup · Keralup¹ · Peron · Port Kennedy · Rockingham · Safety Bay · Secret Harbour · Shoalwater · Singleton · Waikiki · Warnbro

this is what I got from wikipedia.

On the shores of Warnbro Sound, about 60km south of Perth, Warnbro has one of the best and safest beaches in this part of WA - long stretches of white sand, gentle surf and clean, clear water. Warnbro Sound falls within the Shoalwater Bay Marine Park and dolphins, seals and the fairy penguins on nearby Penguin Island all fall under its protection.

This is a popular holiday spot for Perthites who enjoy the sun and the sea, fishing, boating, sailing, snorkeling and scuba diving.

this information was found after looking at a page called streets of perth. com.au under suburb...

there is a tavern called The Last drop, which runs as a micro-brewery, with some british recipes of ales. Nice place to go for a meal, has the English look about it with those black wooden

shutters, like Stratford on Avon..cant think what its called.

Near the tavern, is also a BWS bottle shop, fish m chips, video store, newsagency, and 2 pizza shops, but its only about 14 klms from the larger RockinghamCity shopping centre, with oodles of other chops. Nothing is too far mostly from anywhere really. Bus services, and trains, it pays to get a vehicle though, as it makes life easier

Guest sam&mark
Warnbro, Western Australia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Warnbro

Western Australia Population: 11421 (2006 census)[1] Postcode: 6169 Location: 56 km (35 mi) from Perth LGA: City of Rockingham State District: Warnbro Federal Division: Brand Suburbs around Warnbro:

Waikiki Baldivis

Warnbro Baldivis

Port Kennedy Baldivis Coordinates: 18px-Erioll_world.svg.png32°20′24″S 115°44′49″E / 32.340°S 115.747°E / -32.340; 115.747

Warnbro is a southern outer suburb of Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, and is located on Warnbro Sound within the City of Rockingham. It is a residential area adjoining Port Kennedy which combines residential with retail and light-industrial land use.

The Centro Warnbro Fair shopping centre includes Woolworths and Coles supermarkets together with a wide range of speciality retailers and fast-food outlets. The suburb has excellent sporting facilities including "Aqua Jetty", a multi-purpose recreation facility with Olympic-sized swimming pools and a large gymnasium. Secondary schools are the Warnbro Community High School which enrolls some 1,600 students, and Living Waters Lutheran College, one of two Lutheran schools in Western Australia.there are 2 other schools, Warnbro primary, and another behind the Centro shopping centre named Koorana.

[edit] Notable residents

[edit] Public transport

Warnbro railway station on the Perth-Mandurah line is served by a network of feeder bus services which also link the suburb with Rockingham.

[edit] References

1. ^ Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Warnbro (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. 2006 Census QuickStats : Warnbro (State Suburb). Retrieved 2008-10-05.

[hide]

vde

Suburbs of the City of Rockingham | Perth | Western Australia

Baldivis · Cooloongup · East Rockingham · Golden Bay · Hillman · Karnup · Keralup¹ · Peron · Port Kennedy · Rockingham · Safety Bay · Secret Harbour · Shoalwater · Singleton · Waikiki · Warnbro

this is what I got from wikipedia.

On the shores of Warnbro Sound, about 60km south of Perth, Warnbro has one of the best and safest beaches in this part of WA - long stretches of white sand, gentle surf and clean, clear water. Warnbro Sound falls within the Shoalwater Bay Marine Park and dolphins, seals and the fairy penguins on nearby Penguin Island all fall under its protection.

This is a popular holiday spot for Perthites who enjoy the sun and the sea, fishing, boating, sailing, snorkeling and scuba diving.

this information was found after looking at a page called streets of perth. com.au under suburb...

there is a tavern called The Last drop, which runs as a micro-brewery, with some british recipes of ales. Nice place to go for a meal, has the English look about it with those black wooden

shutters, like Stratford on Avon..cant think what its called.

Near the tavern, is also a BWS bottle shop, fish m chips, video store, newsagency, and 2 pizza shops, but its only about 14 klms from the larger RockinghamCity shopping centre, with oodles of other chops. Nothing is too far mostly from anywhere really. Bus services, and trains, it pays to get a vehicle though, as it makes life easier

thank you for the info:smile:

You are kidding are`nt you. Do you grouse about driving 60 miles to another village to shop in Britain? Not meaning to be nasty.

If you were applying for a job in Sydney, for example, and the job was 2 hours away, you would still apply, as its the job you want, is`nt it. Some people in that city do drive 2 hours to work, as the Sydney harbour bridge is how they get from one side of that city to another..

Yes, you may consider that Waikiki to Perth is about 52klms, but lots of people drive further than that everyday to work. I have friends out in Northam who work in Midland, that`s about an hour`s drive up Greenmount hill, which you drive up in low gear....mind you there is a train from Toodyay that they can catch get to to work.

I used to know a state police officer, who lived half way to Bunbury, at Lake Clifton, who drove to the Central police station to go to work everyday. Nothing is too ooo far, if its the job you want.

Australian people are used to driving further than 20klms for, work, play, to attend music, and opera, all kinds of reasons to enjoy their lives...

50klms is not a long way..... no no no lol.:smiloe::)no offence meant

Guest guest1451
You are kidding are`nt you. Do you grouse about driving 60 miles to another village to shop in Britain? Not meaning to be nasty.

If you were applying for a job in Sydney, for example, and the job was 2 hours away, you would still apply, as its the job you want, is`nt it. Some people in that city do drive 2 hours to work, as the Sydney harbour bridge is how they get from one side of that city to another..

Yes, you may consider that Waikiki to Perth is about 52klms, but lots of people drive further than that everyday to work. I have friends out in Northam who work in Midland, that`s about an hour`s drive up Greenmount hill, which you drive up in low gear....mind you there is a train from Toodyay that they can catch get to to work.

I used to know a state police officer, who lived half way to Bunbury, at Lake Clifton, who drove to the Central police station to go to work everyday. Nothing is too ooo far, if its the job you want.

Australian people are used to driving further than 20klms for, work, play, to attend music, and opera, all kinds of reasons to enjoy their lives...

50klms is not a long way..... no no no lol.:smiloe::)no offence meant

People live where they can afford to live, they don't want to do a daily commute,but they have to. Warnbro and Rockingham were always considered to be poorer areas. Many residents would love to live nearer Perth but cannot afford too. Lake Clifton is just south of Mandurah, not half way to Bunbury. 50 km is still a fair drive any way, sounds like crap real estate agents peddle.

If i could turn the clock back I would likely not live so far from the CBD. Living at Baldivis, a lovely place, can be the biggest pain. People who talk about only 50 k etc clearly do not do it on a daily basis. You have to be on the freeway by 6 if you dont want to crawl from Russell road to the city. Coming home can be a mare, it can take up to an hour and a half on Friday.

I think its inaccurate to say Australians are prepared for long commutes, most Aussies I work with are disbelieving when they learn of my drive. Maybe in Sydney / Melbourne you have no choice, but that doesnt mean they are happy about it.

I am currently work in Nedlands, but have worked in Balcatta, Mundaring, etc, etc. I average ten hours a week just sitting in my car, and this is the nearest I have been to home.

There are lots of things going for it down here, but don't believe that 35 minutes to the CBD rubbish unless you are on the road at 3 am!

Guest guest1451
If i could turn the clock back I would likely not live so far from the CBD. Living at Baldivis, a lovely place, can be the biggest pain. People who talk about only 50 k etc clearly do not do it on a daily basis. You have to be on the freeway by 6 if you dont want to crawl from Russell road to the city. Coming home can be a mare, it can take up to an hour and a half on Friday.

I think its inaccurate to say Australians are prepared for long commutes, most Aussies I work with are disbelieving when they learn of my drive. Maybe in Sydney / Melbourne you have no choice, but that doesnt mean they are happy about it.

I am currently work in Nedlands, but have worked in Balcatta, Mundaring, etc, etc. I average ten hours a week just sitting in my car, and this is the nearest I have been to home.

There are lots of things going for it down here, but don't believe that 35 minutes to the CBD rubbish unless you are on the road at 3 am!

Baldivis is a far better area than warnbro or rockingham,a sensible choice for commuting to perth,still a bit of a drag to get into perth,Nedlands is nice but house prices are obscene

And no train from Baldivis..bummer

no end to Baldivis land/house sales, still spreading out, but yes 500k ridiculous for an established property

The train wouldn't help me, I often have to travel during the day for my work, therefore need my car.

If I was based permanently near a station at the other end I would def take the train

Harrington Waters estate is is in WAikiki - new estate very nice and easily within walking distance to Warnbro train station. If you`re wife is commuting to the CBD then it is easily do-able by train - plenty of people do it. As a brickie well, a friend of ours is a brickie, lives in Warnbro and he travels all over to where the work is, he certainly doesn`t find it a problem -you could probably find work SOR at the rate Baldivis & Secret Harbour are expanding.We rented in Warnbro for 6 months when we first arrived and and liked it (Parklands estate) had no problems but you do have to careful - have a good look around - the photo`s on the real estate websites can be deceiving and they don`t show you the rest of the street.

One of the previous posters, had this to say in his thread....

Warnbro and Rockingham were always considered to be poorer areas

Having just showen a family from South Australia, a bit of a look around Warnbro, I take offence at the above remark...

some of the houses on Fendam Street are almost like mansions, namely no 52 and no 102, you would not get much change out of $1million. Take a look at them via google earth and you might see what I mean. 52 Fendam street sits on the top of the cliff, and ships passing out at sea, would think its a castle. 4 floors high home with verandahs on all sides at the end of a very steep driveway.

A lot of the expensive homes are hidden in the sand dunes off Warnbro beach road, they are on huge blocks, and they are not allowed to clear all the native vegetation on the dunes, just where the buildings are to be sited.

Some of the homes in Warnbro parklands, whilst being bound on one side by the recreation ground , and the other by Safety bay road, the homes in there are very nice and people take pride in them. :)

Guest guest1451
One of the previous posters, had this to say in his thread....

Warnbro and Rockingham were always considered to be poorer areas

Having just showen a family from South Australia, a bit of a look around Warnbro, I take offence at the above remark...

some of the houses on Fendam Street are almost like mansions, namely no 52 and no 102, you would not get much change out of $1million. Take a look at them via google earth and you might see what I mean. 52 Fendam street sits on the top of the cliff, and ships passing out at sea, would think its a castle. 4 floors high home with verandahs on all sides at the end of a very steep driveway.

A lot of the expensive homes are hidden in the sand dunes off Warnbro beach road, they are on huge blocks, and they are not allowed to clear all the native vegetation on the dunes, just where the buildings are to be sited.

Some of the homes in Warnbro parklands, whilst being bound on one side by the recreation ground , and the other by Safety bay road, the homes in there are very nice and people take pride in them. :)

Dont take offence just a factual comment,ask many people in Perth and they will comment on areas like rockingham it was voted in the top 10 bogan areas in Australia,there are some nice expensive homes there with sea views .Most of the area has cheaper homes than closer to the city.