Penpals

Guest keith73

Guest keith73

Hi Kids,

Looking for a penpal for my son Glen he is 7 years old likes playing Moshi monster and his DS and the Xbox.

PM me if you would like to do this, we are in Dundee Scotland at the moment but hope to be coming out to Perth soon

Thanks

Hopefully someone will answer. We were lucky in that we'd already secured a rental in the area we were looking at and also knew which school the kids would go to. The principle was great and organised a pen pal for my eldest - someone who would be in her class - it was great for her. Worth considering if you know the school your Child will be going to.

Guest keith73

Cheers Ali,

That was good of them, still undecided on an area yet, really don't think we will decide until we get there.

Thanks again

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest moragi8

Hi,

when are you hoping to move - we are living just outside Glasgow and hoping to move in next few months, but my 9 year old son is worried about the move - moreso about making friends.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alexandriana

I have two pen pals in America and Japan. I started to write them when I was a child and still they are my good friends. I have learnt lots of things about their country from them and I also thankful to them for being my close friends.

Guest keith73

Hey moragi8, thanks for the message we have been here since September and tell your son not to worry Ozzie kids are very friendly and depending where you're moving too there's a good chance you'll have some Brit kids near by, both our kids have made a lot of friends at school and in the neighborhood. If your struggling gives a shout Glens 8 so he's around the same age as your son. Alexandriana I also had a few pen pals when younger but sadly lost touch.

Bye

hey soz for jumping in the coversation but was reading threw all the replys and came across u guys just wanted to say hi,my family and i will b moving over to perth next year my partner already has a job set up so he starts on feb me n the boys will follow him over may next year we have two boys callum 13 n robbie 8 both of them are sooo excited bout coming over we r looking at the joondaloop.carramar,currambine areas so im hoping that i will b able to get them both settled into school pretty quick.i have a mate in sydney and she was sayin that the schools over there work in a 4 10week terms and that its best to get the kids starting at the begining of a term cos usually there a few newbeez starting as well does this apply to perth schools as well?x

• 1 month later...
Guest waterkelpy

Hi Keith73,

My son is 7 years old, also loves DS and XBox, actually Wii is his favourite game, also into Zac Powers. We live South of the River, he likes footy and soccor.

Guest keith73

Hey Paula don't think it matters too much when the kids start as there always seems to be kids coming and going at the schools, but I'd say it's easier for them at the start of the school year as everyone is fresh. Watekelpy we are in Success might be an idea to meet up at a park or something if you like.

hi keith,thanks for getting back to me,things are moving sooo fast for us now and the count down is well underway now,kids r hyper bout the move,im still not sure where we will b staying yet but if u and ur family r near by that would b great to catch up and get all the jen on life in perth

• 2 months later...
Guest moragi8

hi, thats us arrived in Perth and been here 3 weeks so far - moving to the menora/mount lawley area next month - trying to find football (soccer) and tae-kwon do clubs - got the swimming sorted. :-)