Midwifes In Perth

Guest Paul Holliday

Guest Paul Holliday

Hi am kinda new to all this but was looking to see what public hospitals there is in Perth for midwifery and does and one know the rate of pay and the best website to look for jobs???

Thanks

Paul

Hi am kinda new to all this but was looking to see what public hospitals there is in Perth for midwifery and does and one know the rate of pay and the best website to look for jobs???

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

I'm a midwife and have just been offered a job at Armadale hospital (public hospital in south Perth) and they are sponsoring me on a 457 visa whilst my permanent visa is processed. I set up an account with WA government health service website (I'll post a link to the site after I've finished this post).

There are quite a few public hospitals in Perth, the largest being king Edward memorial in the north of Perth, and then lots of other smaller ones it really depends where you are going to live, I only looked at south because thts where we are going to settle because we have family there.

They appear to have 2 bands for midwives ANF 1 ($51000 -$70000) then ANF 2 ($69000-$87000). difference is probably the level of responsibility between band 6 & 7 here. I'm very experienced and a band 7 here but they won't interview for senior positions over the phone but have offered me the top of ANF whilst I settle in and get used to the way things work in oz and then will let me go for the more senior post. Even at what they are offering me it's still about £10k more than the uk without the responsibility.

If you need any help just yell and will post the link to the WA jobs website.

Kirstie

Hi again,

I did as Ali said contacted the hospitals direct with my cv got lots of positive responses back but without exception they said I had to apply through the WA website. The bubhub site as Ali mentioned is great for getting a feel for the different units from a consumer point of view. KEMH is by far the biggest and as such as a NICU and is a regional centre for complications. It all really depends on what type of midwifery you're interested in I suppose. I

'm going to a smallish unit <2000 dels a yr with gp/obstetricians (on call not on site), services for vulnerable groups (teenagers, aboriginies etc) and lots of development coming over the next few years. as prefer the autonomy of smaller places but everyone is different.

If you need any help just yell

Kirstie x