Container delivery

nickym

Ours due to arrive on the 6th July too and told up to 2 weeks after that for delivery, arrghhhh! Hope it doesn't take any longer! Can't wait to get our stuff and settle into our new home! :))

The 2 weeks is how long it takes to clear the docks, then its another wait for customs, then another wait for AQIS, oh and dont forget if you pay customs etc by cheque, it takes another week to clear the cheque, so be prepared to dash off to the bank and do an instant bank transfer, just when you think you are there, the shipper tells you he cant deliver for another week because he is fully booked :arghh:

Hi piccolo who did you use as I think it was from Ireland as I want to move over my bike?

Have a look at Karman, I know they do cars, not sure about bikes, PSS were prepared to take my bike, but I could only get one permit and the wifes MINI won the toss

You can check progress of your container by typing in your container number which your shipper has given you into a tracking website, its really good, when your agent tells you it hasnt arrived, you can tell him it has and catch him out, search in google for container tracking, i found a ship tracking website too, you could look at a map of the earth and pinpoint your container ship, i watched my ship all the way to freo, then my agent try to tell me the ship hadnt docked when it had, you also get e mail updates which is great