new homes

Do look into them - the price they quote are often for the basic cost, you then start adding on if you want skirting boards, different floor etc., so do look at what you get for the price advertised. My friend lives on a new estate, she decided to have the house built slightly smaller than plan because she wanted enough room in the garden to put in a pool. The change to plan cost her some money (can't remember how much), she's happy though in the suburb she's built and with the house.

The first house we bought was a new build. No problems or complaints and if you are the first owner of the house, you do get a builders guarentee. For example, the hot water system went faulty so a quick call to Celebration homes and they sent a plumber out to fix it. There may also be some incentives to buy a new build. I know that when we did we got a $7,000 grant for being a first time buyer and a $14,000 grant for buying a new build. In effect $21,000 off the cost of the house.

The first house we bought was a new build. No problems or complaints and if you are the first owner of the house, you do get a builders guarentee. For example, the hot water system went faulty so a quick call to Celebration homes and they sent a plumber out to fix it. There may also be some incentives to buy a new build. I know that when we did we got a $7,000 grant for being a first time buyer and a $14,000 grant for buying a new build. In effect $21,000 off the cost of the house.

Thanks for the reply

So you got the money reduced from the price of the house not actually recieved the cash in hand ?

Do look into them - the price they quote are often for the basic cost, you then start adding on if you want skirting boards, different floor etc., so do look at what you get for the price advertised. My friend lives on a new estate, she decided to have the house built slightly smaller than plan because she wanted enough room in the garden to put in a pool. The change to plan cost her some money (can't remember how much), she's happy though in the suburb she's built and with the house.

Thanks Ali

I know I sound a bit of a bore but how long did the build take as I undrstand you look for the plot and type of home ? also you mentioned size , I take it as the house actually sit's more or less on the hole size of the plot you have bought.

Thanks

Good point Jon, sadly I was a just a decorator before I got into management and can only make them look good lol not build them , but if you pull that off on yours and we get out there then I might take you up on self build .

You will have no worries Rob. Follow a drawing and managing your contractors, normal days work mate.

How long, approximately, does it take to build a typical 4x2?

Over here I allow 22 weeks for a house, start to finish. A week stagger between additional plots, so if you were building 10 it would be 31 weeks, 20 in 40 weeks. That would be for a standard two storey 3 bed. Obviously you can acclerate and build quicker if required but that is a rough guide to duration. In theory a single storey 4x2 should not take as long. Would be interested to know how long they take in perth though.

Single story 4 x 2 normally bout 22 - 24 weeks build is quick usually till lock up then slows depending on customer finishes.

With regards to the other post we have added loads and basically we are getting a fully finished house with just the rear garden to do.

Very high spec incl a/c spa bath larger floor tiles, painting, upgraded hw system stone benches overhead cupboards upgraded taps doors etc etc.

It all adds up very quickly however it's still cheaper than buying established in the area we want to live.

Getting registered over here has changed a bit and you can be either a practitioner, builder or owner builder.

Practitioner is if you work for a developer and your the registered builder for them.

Builder involves completing satisfactory financial checks etc but allows you to become essentially a full time builder. And interstate jobs over 20k

Owned builder is as it says but you still need to prove competency etc.

Getting registered over here has changed a bit and you can be either a practitioner, builder or owner builder.

Practitioner is if you work for a developer and your the registered builder for them.

Builder involves completing satisfactory financial checks etc but allows you to become essentially a full time builder. And interstate jobs over 20k

Owned builder is as it says but you still need to prove competency etc.

Cheers Bensdad, from what i have read various units need to be completed. Do you know if they take into your UK qualifications.