Young Manchester Couple Moving to Perth in May (counting down the seconds)

Hi we are a young outdoor loving couple that can not wait to abandon ship and move to perth. We know a few people over there but its always nice to make new friends. Anyone else going around this time or already there? Dave is 25 (although birth certificate thinks im 30) and Lauren is 28 (i think lol) we love all outdoor activities, extreme or tame we are up for it. We are just counting down the days now until we go live the dream. If your going let us know

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave & Lauren,

Where about in Perth are you moving to? My oh and I have been here in the city for a week after one year of counting down the days to our big move and it has been amazing so far! We, luckily, missed the horrendous cold snowy snap that seems to have taken the UK down - hope its not too bad for you in Manchester?!

I'm Lisa, 25 and my partner is James, 27; we are both outdoorsy kind of people, nothing too extreme mind! Like you we know a few people here, but would love to get to know some more, so if you guys fancy a chat and a drink, feel free to get in touch when you arrive.

Happy migration

Lisa & James

Hi You guys,

My hubby and I are moving out to Perth on 8th may.

Im 28 (Rachel) and my hubby is 33 (Michael)

We are from Manchester too.

We will be settling in Mandurah, but will be able to travel anywhere very easily.

Looking to make froends with other couples and also, I need girly mates to do al the lovely girly things that i do here with... like shopping, coffee, midweek moan about the other half. ha ha

xx

Guest Skybird

Hey guys!

My other half (27) and I (33) live in South Perth - have been here for a couple of years now...

We're outdoorsy... 4x4 driving, kite-surfing, about to get into surfing... but also like to just chill and have a natter around the barbie!

Drop us a line :)

Carrie

Hi Dave & Lauren,

Where about in Perth are you moving to? My oh and I have been here in the city for a week after one year of counting down the days to our big move and it has been amazing so far! We, luckily, missed the horrendous cold snowy snap that seems to have taken the UK down - hope its not too bad for you in Manchester?!

I'm Lisa, 25 and my partner is James, 27; we are both outdoorsy kind of people, nothing too extreme mind! Like you we know a few people here, but would love to get to know some more, so if you guys fancy a chat and a drink, feel free to get in touch when you arrive.

Happy migration

Lisa & James

cool which side of the city you in we are looking to move around Scarborough way so not to far out. Although we are staying up in 'hills' for the first week. definitely up for a few drinks. are you renting? is it difficult to get a rental straight away? x

Hi You guys,

My hubby and I are moving out to Perth on 8th may.

Im 28 (Rachel) and my hubby is 33 (Michael)

We are from Manchester too.

We will be settling in Mandurah, but will be able to travel anywhere very easily.

Looking to make froends with other couples and also, I need girly mates to do al the lovely girly things that i do here with... like shopping, coffee, midweek moan about the other half. ha ha

xx

Hi guys we fly from Manchester on the 8th too! think we are flying at 9pm to dubai. we are staying in dubai for a few nights before going on to perth. where abouts in manchester are you from? we live on salford quays x

Hey guys!

My other half (27) and I (33) live in South Perth - have been here for a couple of years now...

We're outdoorsy... 4x4 driving, kite-surfing, about to get into surfing... but also like to just chill and have a natter around the barbie!

Drop us a line :)

Carrie

hey you might be able to answer the million dollar question. which is better the north or south perth? we have been looking to move to north of perth for the beaches mainly. Aiming to live in Scarborough or around that area. Kite surfing hey! dave is starting that when we get there he loves his power kite but not started kite surfing cause its never warm enough! he also tried to get in to paragliding but there are just not enough good days here! where abouts south perth are you? x

Hi guys,

We; me (27) and hubby (33) moved to Perth 2 weeks ago and loving it so far!! Just been accepted for a rental in South Perth too and move in in a few weeks whoop!! We don't really know anyone one out here so would be great to meet for drinks/bbq.

Gem

hi you two! congratulations on you new rental! that's awesome you got one so fast we keep hearing that it is hard to get one straight away. where abouts have you rented? we are always up for meeting x

cool which side of the city you in we are looking to move around Scarborough way so not to far out. Although we are staying up in 'hills' for the first week. definitely up for a few drinks. are you renting? is it difficult to get a rental straight away? x

We are in East Perth, not sure if you and your partner are crickety, but to give you an idea of where in the city we are, we are about a 2 min walk from the WACA. Coming from quiet a country-fied part of the UK, the city living appealed to us as a change from the norm, but I've heard nice things about the scarborough area and its not that far from the CBD at all really - lovely beaches there apparently, if your beachy people we're looking to venture up there to check it out for ourselves at some point if fancy a beer/wine or two once your settled?

yes we are renting, we started viewing two days after we landed and secured an apartment a week later after viewing about six properties - moved in two days after our application was deemed successful by the owner.

Are you guys renting? With the uk being a little more fast paced than here, I was a little frustrated with the laid back approach as we had no option but to live in a hotel which was to cheap by any means! That and the lack of information the realtors we came across gave to newbies to their renting game... But just over a week, in hindsight, was not bad going. I don't want to drivvel on if you know the general rental process here, but if your like us and didn't have a clue, give us a shout and I'll drop you a few pointers based on our experience. X

We are in East Perth, not sure if you and your partner are crickety, but to give you an idea of where in the city we are, we are about a 2 min walk from the WACA. Coming from quiet a country-fied part of the UK, the city living appealed to us as a change from the norm, but I've heard nice things about the scarborough area and its not that far from the CBD at all really - lovely beaches there apparently, if your beachy people we're looking to venture up there to check it out for ourselves at some point if fancy a beer/wine or two once your settled?

yes we are renting, we started viewing two days after we landed and secured an apartment a week later after viewing about six properties - moved in two days after our application was deemed successful by the owner.

Are you guys renting? With the uk being a little more fast paced than here, I was a little frustrated with the laid back approach as we had no option but to live in a hotel which was to cheap by any means! That and the lack of information the realtors we came across gave to newbies to their renting game... But just over a week, in hindsight, was not bad going. I don't want to drivvel on if you know the general rental process here, but if your like us and didn't have a clue, give us a shout and I'll drop you a few pointers based on our experience. X

Cbd there's **** all there bar from offices and a few bars , all the burbs have a shoppn centre and a bar

Cbd there's **** all there bar from offices and a few bars , all the burbs have a shoppn centre and a bar

I agree it's not quite the hustle and bustle of other place in Aus I previously holidayed. But for people who do not have a vehicle to travel around straight away, it's pretty convenient what with the free buses around the city, work on your door step and relatively inexpensive public transport to surrounding suburbs. For us for now, it's the ideal place to start our migration adventure :)

Guest Karaandmartin

Hi guys...myself 27 and my fiancé (Martin) 24 have recently moved over from England in December 2012. We have been living on the Gold Coast QLD before moving to perth 2 weeks ago. Love the beach, surfing, keeping fit, BBQS and generally Having fun!! Would love to meet other people around our age? Maybe we could organise a Meet up if anyones up for it?

Cheers

Kara & Martin

Hi guys...myself 27 and my fiancé (Martin) 24 have recently moved over from England in December 2012. We have been living on the Gold Coast QLD before moving to perth 2 weeks ago. Love the beach, surfing, keeping fit, BBQS and generally Having fun!! Would love to meet other people around our age? Maybe we could organise a Meet up if anyones up for it?

Cheers

Kara & Martin

Hi Kara & Martin

We are up for a meet up. James and I are in East Perth and have been here three weeks now... Beaches, beers and bbqs are our kind of thing too! Where are you guys based, perhaps between us we can arrange something and see if any other couples on here are interested too?

Lisa & James

hi lisa&james and Kara&martin

We have been in perth for a month now, would love to meet up for a bbq with people, maybe one of the free ones in the parks!!?

Gem

Sounds good Gemma, where abouts are you guys in South Perth?

Kara & Martin, where abouts in Perth are you?

if anyone else here is interested, just let us know so we can try and arrange something central to us all?

Lisa

Guest Karaandmartin

Hello guys. We are nor in currambine but most places are easily accessible. We are up for anything. It's martins birthday next Sunday 14th so maybe a few drinks that weekend if anyone is up for it. We are busy on the sat day but free both Friday and sat eve and Sunday. Drop me a pm x

Edited by Mad Cow
Mobile no on forum