insurance values etc

bwatt99

I was wondering when you guys was looking at insuring your stuff when shipping to oz if you could not find an item like it in oz what did you value the item/s for did you add a little extra or add a % to the price you had paid for the item?

And when listing items for shippers and or customs when getting quotes i have many little gadgets,small items what did they come under i have wrote down all items im taking but its easy when its like plasma,home bar,stools,mirrors etc etc,what does other stuff come under,i suppose this could be asked when shippers come to quote me or do they need to know this before they come

You tell them what it costs to repair or replace them and they pay out, fairly simple.

We had a dented slow cooker and a few bits of bedding go missing. Just told them what it would cost to replace and they have paid out no problem.

Don't use the shippers insurance as way over inflated

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering when you guys was looking at insuring your stuff when shipping to oz if you could not find an item like it in oz what did you value the item/s for did you add a little extra or add a % to the price you had paid for the item?

And when listing items for shippers and or customs when getting quotes i have many little gadgets,small items what did they come under i have wrote down all items im taking but its easy when its like plasma,home bar,stools,mirrors etc etc,what does other stuff come under,i suppose this could be asked when shippers come to quote me or do they need to know this before they come

We used Insure Your Move too, just had to give a total value list any item that was over £750 (I think). I looked up Australian shop websites to see what it would cost to replace things as it can be very different to what you pay here. Like others have said you can save hundreds by not using the shippers insurance - we also thought the cover we got from Insure Your Move was much better too.......