Double glazing

Guest Fitzy+Cole

Guest Fitzy+Cole

If anyone is building, renovating or adding an extension and want a quote for the highest quality of uPVC double glazing give me a shout. Started up my own company after moving here last year, so far so good. Here's my website if anyone is interested. We have a two week turnaround time!

PM for details

if your building a new house don't waste your money on the single glazed aluminium. You CAN fit uPVC double glazing in your new house. No middle men so I can offer lower costs :-)

cheers

marc

Edited by ali

Guest guest9824

Hello peeps....looked into DG when we fIrst got here, quotes were massive....so we didn't bother. Interesting to see what the quotes would be like now. Think the company were in Malaga or somewhere like that...nice people, from the UK, just way too expensive. Good luck to you, the upshot is we need better quality windows here, for the sound, heat and in winter, keeping the warmth in.

pea

If anyone is building, renovating or adding an extension and want a quote for the highest quality of uPVC double glazing give me a shout. Started up my own company after moving here last year, so far so good. Here's my website if anyone is interested. We have a two week turnaround time!

if your building a new house don't waste your money on the single glazed aluminium. You CAN fit uPVC double glazing in your new house. No middle men so I can offer lower costs :-)

cheers

marc

Don't need any double glazing at the moment, but good luck!

Cheers

Ross

Edited by portlaunay

So what is the percentage difference between the ally single glazing and your double glazing for the average 4x2 house?

we wanted double glazing in the front rooms of our house when we were building. The company gave us a figure of over 3000 extra for 2 windows. Needless to say that we didn't go for it. That being said, building companies add about 20-25% extra on top of the factory price so if you sourced directly you would find good savings is my guess.

In the windows lmao

Not sure what you mean Goat? On the guys website, before the link was removed by the mods, it just showed double glazed, fixed, solid style windows with what looked like no screens. There were also tilt and turn ones but they were open to the elements. Could it be that the screens are simply fitted to the rear of the double galzed windows as an extra component? It must be that?

Interested to see if the original poster comes back on and tells us exactly because these types of windows are not common here so much.

Guest guest9824
How / where do fly screens fit on double glazing windows?

STTP, They go on the inside. We were quoted for windows with a handle to wind them open at the bottom rather than the normal way on a window in the middle of the frame (that's UK windows not Aussie ones which normally slide) so the fly screen is on the inside. Hope that helps.:wacko:

pea

• 8 months later...