hi all, moving to sorrento just waiting on visa

Guest chrisandnicole

Guest chrisandnicole

hi all, just thought I would say hello, me, my wife and two young kids are moving out to perth as soon as our visa turn up, I have a job in sorrento sorted but need some help in finding short term accomadation for our arrival, any ideas or help would be great,

I am really looking forward to starting a new life out in perth and would love to meet new people in a similar situation my kids are 4 and 2 years old.

cheers chris

Guest chrisandnicole
Hi chris, welcome to the forum! What kind of accommodation are you looking for?

nothing to fancy just something that will get us through until we sort out a rental, cheap as possible really are there any caravan sites/challets close by?

the only short term rentals I can find seem to cost the earth, I dony mind slumming it for a while.

Guest chrisandnicole
Hi chris welcome we live in hillarys just next to the boat harbour and close to sorrento very nice area. We are on a temporary accomodation until our house to rent is ready next month.goodluck

hi and thanks for the welcome, how long does it take for a rental to be sorted out once you have found a property?

cheers chris

hi and thanks for the welcome, how long does it take for a rental to be sorted out once you have found a property?

cheers chris

As soon as we landed we look for houses the next day we were not so lucky with the agents we had a very good portfolio I would say Just crazy here. We tried looking for local papers and gumtree too for private landlord and horray we were offered the house and took us 2 weeks. Goodluck

nothing to fancy just something that will get us through until we sort out a rental, cheap as possible really are there any caravan sites/challets close by?

the only short term rentals I can find seem to cost the earth, I dony mind slumming it for a while.

Im afraid the caravans would cost you an arm and a leg, that's if you could get one. Have you tried looking at short term holiday rentals? We did this for a month on arrival, gives you time to find your feet.

We stayed there in January 2011 for a month and it worked out at $600 per week for the room, so from experience that was reasonable. The rates on the website are expensive but it's aimed at short stays if you phone and speak to the manager they will do a deal, well they did for us.