Fingers crossed!!!

Kate

Hi all,

My partner has his medical tomorrow for the company he will be working for fingers crossed its all fine, then it will be all systems go!!!!!!!

He will then hopefully fly out mid may then me & the kids 3&5 will follow out September!!!

Rob will be working FIFO so I'm after any advice on good areas to settle that is not to out the way of the airport, good schools etc.....Also I would like to hear from others in a similar situation with a partner working away etc...

Thanks Kate

Most areas are fine to live in when you are FIFO. You need to decide a budget and what you want from an area such as beach / city living / rural etc.

There is an organization called FIFO Families set up to support the families of FIFO workers. Google it

Cloud break mine is not in the NT, but is the pillar in WA.

Hi Kate. I'll be staying with friends in Mullalloo to begin with. Then I'll look for somewhere close to where I work. It just trying to fit my son into school at the same time that's a worry. Don't want him to miss to much of school but don't want to enrol him in a school to move him again 3 weeks later. Going to try and make the move during the Australian school holidays.

Do you have any ideas about where you want to be.

debs

Most areas are fine to live in when you are FIFO. You need to decide a budget and what you want from an area such as beach / city living / rural etc.

There is an organization called FIFO Families set up to support the families of FIFO workers. Google it

Cloud break mine is not in the NT, but is the pillar in WA.

Thanks for this I'll look into it.

Hi Kate. I'll be staying with friends in Mullalloo to begin with. Then I'll look for somewhere close to where I work. It just trying to fit my son into school at the same time that's a worry. Don't want him to miss to much of school but don't want to enrol him in a school to move him again 3 weeks later. Going to try and make the move during the Australian school holidays.

Do you have any ideas about where you want to be.

debs

Hi Debs

is that NOR??? I have only looked SOR to be honest rockingham???? Don't really have a clue!!!!

yeah I need to look into schools.

Have you got a job lined up??? What do u do??

kate

Hi kate, my hubby is a pipe fitter supervisor who currently works on the rigs, but to get off shore in oz u have to be in oz i believe? he got offered a job on the mines but refused due to you have to stay with them for 2years and the working hours, so thats y we are doinbg our visas our selfs and then he can pick what job he wants rather than get a job just to get over ther, (the mines offered him a sponsership and we could be out ther in 4mnths)just tryong to find the right jobs to apply for now, ill check that out thanks kate