Waiting for 190 Visa

ShyYC

We've lodge our 190 visa application almost 2 weeks ago and still waiting for CO to be assigned.. It's nice to see that a lot of people getting their visa approved and mostly for toolmakers/plumbers/electrician/etc. I'm so nervous :unsure: as my field is Human Resource. Anybody here has the same field as mine and got their visa approved?:ssign2:

Btw, in case visa granted, do we need to be employed first before we can rent a house??

VETASSES 21/1/13; IELTS 9/3/13; state sponsorship 4/4/13; LOI 5/4/13; Visa 190 lodged 12/4/13

My experience is that they like to see an employment contract to suggest you can keep paying, especially if renting via an agency.. However there are many ways of renting. We rented privatly directly from the owner, and they were more interested in us as people rather than having piles of documents. She did check that I was empolyed, but it wasnt a priority.

Nick

Thanks Nick! Good for you that you were able to rent directly with the owner. So far, all the websites that I saw were all posted by agents. Once we move there, i'm not really sure where to stay (though I have friends staying at Wongan Hills) since only then we will look for a job.

Ah there I can't help. We came out in Jan and I haven't started looking yet. Other half working so I wanted to wait til kids properly settled in. If you look on seek there are quite a lot of HR jobs, also agencies like Hays HR. Have you contacted the Australian version of the CIPD? You can get equivalent membership and they have a jobsite, they were really helpful when I emailed them. Also worth sending emails to some key companies in Perth, I emailed a few based on who was advertising to ask about how they would view UK experience and had really positive responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got positive state sponsorship this week, so now just waiting for go ahead from skillselect... Pl tell me, at which point exactly to I hand over the dreaded AUD$3000, before or afternoon police clearance and medical... Or at the time of lodging first documents??

Thanks Nick! Good for you that you were able to rent directly with the owner. So far, all the websites that I saw were all posted by agents. Once we move there, i'm not really sure where to stay (though I have friends staying at Wongan Hills) since only then we will look for a job.

Hi ShyYC

try this website for furnished rentals http://www.ozhouserental.com

Hi, I got positive state sponsorship this week, so now just waiting for go ahead from skillselect... Pl tell me, at which point exactly to I hand over the dreaded AUD$3000, before or afternoon police clearance and medical... Or at the time of lodging first documents??

Great news ekulwi! We're still waiting on AITSL skills assessment..........